Popular Tags: [View All]
Valerie Putman
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a rules question about the basic, not the advanced, game.

If there is less loot than there are raiders, then each alliance gets one. If there is enough to go around again, then additional figures from those alliances get the additional loot. I gathered from an example that if there isn't enough to evenly distribute, then the brigand leader gets to choose who gets the loot.

Is the same true if there is more loot than raiders (likely to happen only when a player has used a weapon to achieve the necessary strength)? Does the brigand leader decide how the extra is distributed? Does the contribution of a weapon entitle a player to the extra loot?

In our specific example, 3 players contributed raiders. Two players contributed 2 men and the 3rd player contributed one man and a weapon. We were able to achieve the 7 strength needed with only 4 raiders. The loot was 5 gold bags. Each raider was given a bag, but who gets the 5th bag? (If it matters, the leader had contributed 2 men and it was someone else who provided just one man and a weapon.)

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yul Beauchamps
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't really played the basic game. But as I understand it once loot has been distributed evenly amongst each raider than yes the leader would choose how the last one is distributed. I suppose that is meant to be an advantage of being the leader...otherwise it just wouldn't matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mak Mak
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if i'm correct...its the brigand leader who decides distribution. if it becomes a matter of contribution of equipment cards, then that's where making binding agreements come in. the person offering the extra firepower should bind the brigand leader to pay them off with another bag of gold. for some reason, i seem to find binding agreements to be forgotten about or just hardly even noticed that they are there for using.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Fort Polk
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
magposunnie wrote:
if i'm correct...its the brigand leader who decides distribution. if it becomes a matter of contribution of equipment cards, then that's where making binding agreements come in. the person offering the extra firepower should bind the brigand leader to pay them off with another bag of gold. for some reason, i seem to find binding agreements to be forgotten about or just hardly even noticed that they are there for using.

There are no binding agreements in the base game.

In the basic game(as I understand the rules), the brigand leader gives one piece of loot to each player who has a raider there, then gives one piece of loot to each player who has a second raider there, then gives a piece of loot to each player who has a third raider there, and so on.
If there is more loot than raiders, then the brigand leader starts over, giving a 2nd piece of loot to each player for first raider, then second raider, etc.

So if Player C has 1 raider, and players A and B put in 3 raiders each, then C is guaranteed 1 of the first 3 pieces of loot, but he isn't guaranteed a 2nd piece of loot unless there are at least 10 pieces of loot:

Example, 9 pieces of loot:

3 pieces to ABC.
2 pieces to AB
2 pieces to AB
2 pieces to ABC (1 player is left out, brigand leader's choice)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.