Terence Co
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like game design is just about over and the initial design playtest to tweak it for play balance and historicity is almost over So the only thing left is development and playtesting.

So far all the design has been using Cyberboard(which I highly recomend for game designers).

The final product is probably 111 counters, 8 pages of rules, 2 pages of charts. 10 minute set up time. 2-3 hour play time.

I am aiming for a small game which packs a lot of punch.

So far design has gone quite well. Uses an evolution of the Taierzhuang system. The difference is taht the Japanese are the defenders try to hold off the Chinese and trying to hold on to Kunlun Pass. The Chinese are on the offensive but have to watch their casualties or they won't have enough forces to control the area.

I have a lot of surprises in the system which while using the same system as Taierzhuang but will have more tactical options.

Will post an AAR very soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Takashi Ishida
Japan
Abiko
Chiba Prefecture
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
111 counters, 8 pages of rules, 2 pages of charts. 10 minute set up time. 2-3 hour play time.

That sounds very lovely size.
I'm now reading the rule of Taierzhuang.
I'd like to see the Kunlun Kuan soon. Very exciting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am also looking forward to this game. The "Storm Over" series seems to have gained a lot of traction lately, with several games released or on preorder at MMP. And getting another quick and playable game is never a bad thing!

Looking forward to your after action report describing the game more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.