Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Greening
United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After spending hours doing custom searches for trading partners, I have a small suggestion to make.

Most BGG users live in the United States, which is expensive to post to from my location (UK).

However many postal services around me do deals to the countries in Europe.

Sadly selecting all the European countries in the custom search box is a laborious and tedious job as they have to be selected individually while holding down 'Alt'. snore snore

Currently the USA, Canada and the UK feature at the top of the custom search box to save finding them. Couldn't 'Europe' be added to this list for the large number of users who live here as it would greatly ease trading.

What do you all think?
Would it help you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo Alvarez
Spain
Gijon
Asturias
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, please cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
20100 Turku
flag msg tools
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance; the same description may be applied to the best, most elegant and both intellec
badge
and aesthetically satisfying games. By being unknowable, by resulting from events which, at the sub-atomic level, cannot be fully predicted, the future remains malleable, and retains the possibility of change, the hope of coming to prevail; victory.
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 to that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
20100 Turku
flag msg tools
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance; the same description may be applied to the best, most elegant and both intellec
badge
and aesthetically satisfying games. By being unknowable, by resulting from events which, at the sub-atomic level, cannot be fully predicted, the future remains malleable, and retains the possibility of change, the hope of coming to prevail; victory.
mbmbmbmbmb
kreikkaturkulainen wrote:
+1 to that.

Also:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/724276/why-not-a-europe-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jabagi K
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 from Turkey
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Stein
Germany
76133 Karlsruhe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still...absolutely necessary to not waste so much time and rather put it in actual playing games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucian Pleianu
Romania
Cluj Napoca
Cluj
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone trading frequently (and frequently selecting 5+ countries in each search), this would be very nice to have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes H.
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
flag msg tools
Meat is for pussies!
badge
Karma is a funny thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
+ 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+ 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Silva
Portugal
Matosinhos
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Yes. It makes all the sense in the world to have this option available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell
Netherlands
Zutphen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes please. And the other way around, hitting the users trading(find trade matches) in the game entry and having the option to choose a geographical location would also be very nice, thankyou.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Sutherland
United Kingdom
(just) West of London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
collapsing wave wrote:
Yes please. And the other way around, hitting the users trading(find trade matches) in the game entry and having the option to choose a geographical location would also be very nice, thankyou.

Now the Trade in Europe would be really useful (as would the other request, of course).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just finished a thread on this exact same topic. Doesn't make it any less valid a post, I just hope the Admins not only count thumbs on a given suggestion but also the number of times a given suggestion comes up!

"European Union" listed as country in costum trade manager

I stand by the suggestion that I made on that thread Re: "European Union" listed as country in costum trade manager
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ackroyd
United Kingdom
Brighton
E Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This would be great.

Until it is created there is a work-a-round. You create a custom trade search as you would now. Add in whatever European countries you want to include in your search. For reference the biggest countries from the user survey viewpoint are:

UK, Spain, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden, Finland, Greece, Poland, Italy, Portugal, Denmark, France, Hungary. This isn't a full list, for example UK users could also be in as England, Scotland or Wales.

Here is an example (I think this is generic, not specific to my user ID):

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/trade/custom?action=customsearc...

Then you save the resulting page as an entry in your Quickbar. You can then click on that link at any time for an instant check on items for trade in those countries matching an item on your 'for trade' list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice one Tony, thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ackroyd
United Kingdom
Brighton
E Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
Nice one Tony, thank you!

Obviously you can create multiple ones and have them as different entries on your Quickbar. It makes a lot of sense for a UK user to set one up for: UK, England, Scotland, Wales and Isle of Man(!). Maybe even throw in Ireland as Ireland users might (I guess) live in Northern Ireland or might be able to receive items at a Northern Ireland address (to get cheaper postage).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the bits guy
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea, thumbs up from me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
20100 Turku
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any word on this from any admins?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
We aren't going to be making any updates to the trading system until our redesign is completed. When that's done we'll implement new features and updates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update Aldie, appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
We aren't going to be making any updates to the trading system until our redesign is completed.

Is there any ETA on that?

+1 to the OP, I think I made the same suggestion myself once, but I can't find the thread. But I found this: "European Union" listed as country in costum trade manager
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Domitilla D'Amico
Italy
Ferentino (FR)
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
after years, not yet implemented.

In Trades - country, add "global vicinity groups" like Europe / Asia / Africa options. Instead of forcing user to select all the near countries on by one holding CTRL!

This is the page:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/trade/custom

One BGG user suggested to add a QuickBar item like:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/trade/custom?action=customsearc...

but this is sloppy (and does not work!).

With a "continent" option, one user could do a search for an item in his continent (eg. Europe), where shipping costs are cheaper.

Doing so, a search in Europe means that you are searching in the same time on Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City (Holy See)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.