Subject: $100 gift certificate giveaway! CLOSED!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: fun [+] Creative [+] Cool! [+] [View All]
So it goes
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
If you can't walk, crawl. If you can't crawl..... well, you know the rest.
badge
Any game is the right game with the right crowd.
mbmbmbmbmb

WOW! I DIDN'T KNOW EXACTLY WHAT TO EXPECT, BUT I DIDN'T EXPECT THIS OVERWHELMING RESPONSE. IF I MISSED A THUMB I APOLOGIZE, MY BABY BOYZ ARE A HAND-FULL. ALL POSTERS HAVE BEEN INCLUDED, EXCLUDING MY PERSONAL FRIEND. ONLY ONE ENTRY HAS BEEN INCLUDED PER PERSON, REGARDLESS OF HOW MANY POSTS THAT PERSON MADE.

THANKS TO THOSE OF YOU GENEROUS WITH GG.

I'VE READ EVERY RESPONSE AND HAVE AN EVEN BETTER APPRECIATION FOR BGG THAN I DID BEFORE I BEGAN THIS LITTLE GIVEAWAY.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL. MY TWO YEAR OLD WILL DRAW THE WINNER ON SATURDAY MORNING.

Here we go. I apologize to any proponents of hats out there, but I used a bowl.

The stage was set:

The little man reached in:

and picked a winner:

CONGRATULATIONS TO

Eric Flood
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

YOU WANT 'EM
THEY GOT 'EM
AND I'LL PAY FOR 'EM

To celebrate one year on the Geek, I'll randomly pick someone and give them one $100 gift cert to CoolStuff.com. http://www.coolstuffinc.com/
The $100 will also get you free shipping from them in the lower 48.

I have really enjoyed the Geek this past 12 months. You zany chit chatters, those RSPers who think their s*&# doesn't stink, the ones that know it does and fling it around their cages with reckless abandon, and the rest.

I've met some great people and look forward to meeting more of you through BGG. My love of the hobby has grown with the help of the Geek and that was only possible because of the contributions of all of you, the user. So here's your chance for a reward.

Post anything here. Introduce yourself, something about BGG, your gaming experience, whatever, and I'll throw your name into the hat for a chance to win. If you're new to BGG, stop lurking and jump in with both feet. If the economy has hit you hard, post a response. Come one, come all.

One entry per user, please. I'll stop taking entries around 11:59 pm Friday, August 7th (if the newborn cooperates) and post the winner Saturday the 8th (when the toddler and newborn allow).

After the winner is announced I'll PM you to get your e-mail address and get the gift cert to you.

edit:I apologize for putting this in late, but free shipping is for the lower 48 states. Sorry for pulling the ole bait n switch. For those of you outside of the U.S. here is a list of countries CoolStuff ships to. http://www.CoolStuffInc.com/main_shipToCountries.php

You're more than welcome to post, but you're on your own for shipping if you're outside of the lower 48. Sorry for any inconvenience.

• [+] Dice rolls
John N.
United States
Lehi
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: $100 gift certificate giveaway!
Wow, thanks for the giveaway. I am John and I am so addicted to BGG that my wife has blocked it from my home computer, and I can only access it from work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks sooooooooooooo much for this!!

Congratulations on your 1st year!!!

My first year was up in March of this year!

Introduction:
Mrs. Mystery Bob, female geek, with non-gaming spouse/husband (actually he is addicted to Kongregate and the like). My 8-year old daughter will play anything with me but does not have much of an attention span and/or is not a challenging opponent for me!!

Regular in Chit Chat & Recommendations forums and lurker in RSP. I have posted reviews and session reports, uploaded images and created files (my favorite!). I also thrift for games--not very successfully, but it's fun!!!

Thanks again and good luck to all participants!

kiss
MMB
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Knoerzer
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
This blue box is not as cool as David Tennant's...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This very generous of you. My name is also John and I am addicted to BGG so much that my work has blocked it and I can only access at home. Luckily I live with another BGG member so no conflict at home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in, thanks!

I live in my mom's basement and I'm unemployed, but on the internet I'm a military guy deployed to Afghanistan.

I'm a Chit Chatter and a RSPer and I rarely venture out of those forums except to research what games to buy next.

Your mother is a very nice lady.

That is all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo Badinelli
Italy
Lonato
Brescia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If oversea participants are accepted here I am directly from Italy.

I discovered BGG about 2 years ago and I find it simply pure heaven for game addict like me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W.
United States
Monessen
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Taoist, Pittsburgh Sports fan, and welcoming to people who are kind, from any walk of life.
badge
I have been playing games since the Atari 2600, Candy Land, Chuttes and Ladders, Go Fish, & the Apple ii. Supporting "the Geek" since 2006
mbmbmbmbmb
The best part of the Geek is there are people willing to do something like this, and people like this far outnumber the jerks.

Thanks for sticking around for a year and not being a jerk. Keep it up

Redbeardin84
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Cunningham
United States
Lake Geneva
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
$100 gift certificate giveaway!

What a kind and generous offer! I'll throw my hat in the ring.

I've become a more avid boardgamer in the last few years...before that it was always RPG's and Magic. I still play D & D once or twice a month.

Some of you may recognize my name from my multiple and sometimes obnoxious postings about the Spring and Fall Gaming Hooplas; which are charity conventions that friends and I run and from which all proceeds are donated to the American Cancer Society. Our web site is www.gaminghoopla.com.

Thanks for this great contest; good luck to all (but slightly more luck to me!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Duplantis
United States
Cleveland
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi and Congratz on your first year at the Geek. Welcome to your new addiction home.

I am Cory and I am a huge addict for BGG. I am on here as often as I can. I have so many games subscribed to that there is always something for me to read.

This site alone is the reason why I got into gaming. I was always a fan of board games as a kid, but they never were that intriguing as many of the games on here are.

I hope you stay on the Geek for many years to come.

Good luck to everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
Very generous of you. Thank you!

Known by many for my ubercool geekbadge. Former thrifter extraordinaire. Been here for 6 years now, and have no intention of leaving. I love games, and I love the camaraderie of this site. Maybe someday, I'll submit a session report...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
Visit the Wargame Bootcamp guild
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb
{to the assembled group}

Hello my name is Tim, I am a board gamer, it's been..{thinking}...too long since my last game.

I buy too many games and spend too much time on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Ricotta
Japan
Okinawa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome man!

BGG has always been a great place to find things to waste money on!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Syvertsen
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
Have a great day!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just short of a month on boardgamegeek and I can't believe how generous people are here! I've been away from playing wargames for about sixteen years and it's good to be back!cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Collins
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WOW! Kudos!

What an incredibly generous gesture, and I *love* coolstuffinc, probably my go-to vendor these days.

I started on the geek a couple years back, and, like you, my gaming has increased tenfold. I used to play a lot of rpgs; actually, pretty much only rpgs, since the early eighties. I sort of scoffed at boardgames as being somehow less important or neat. I missed out on a LOT of good games, I think, but the roleplaying games were great fun.

Then I happened across BGG and Carcassonne (I don't remember which order, but I think Carcassonne was first by a couple of hours) and the rest is history. My weekly rpg group now plays boardgames, and we haven't missed a Tuesday night in over a year!

Right now we are enjoying Snow Tails, Arkham Horror and Agricola, but we've played tons of different games!

I look forward to Tuesday night with my gaming friends and family each and every week. It's that sweet spot in the week, that one event, that I can count on to bring my spirits up.

We usually start the evening by playing Go Away Monster! or The Ladybug Game with my two year old Molly (so much fun!). Every morning Molly asks to "play dice" on my iPhone, and she usually asks to "play real dice" with the dice tower...

The community here at the geek has reminded me that there's good people all over the place, even on the internet. After spending years at places like rpg.net and the like, I was pretty jaded regarding content and the bahavior of other posters. But at The Geek I found a community of hobbyists and professionals and n00bs that took care of each other and helped one another. Wow.

In any case, I'm glad you are getting out of The Geek what I have gotten, and what countless others are getting all the time!

Congratulations, and, again, thank you for coming up with such a fun and generous contest!

Game on!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Simas
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great giveaway! Happy geekiversary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, it's this kind of generosity and friendliness that distinguishes this site from all the rest. I've been here for years - is it time for me to stop being surprised by that? laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations on your first Geekaversary. :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Harris
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wow, this is very generous! It's a great community like this that makes BGG the best forum on the internet. Pretty addicted to this site, as I think all of us are!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Miller
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Working through the night Jeff fixed the broken link. After being fixed the broken link became Jeff's BGG profile.
mbmbmbmbmb
Very Generous!!!

I got some money for my B-day almost a month ago to use on a game I've been eye-balling for a good while now, Galaxy Trucker. I've had a habit of only buying games when my buddies get together for a free shipping order... problem is, I recently moved and have no one locally to split the order with. The idea of paying shipping seems excessive to me now.

So here I sit and wait: Too cheap to pay shipping, but several months of nickel scraping away from qualifying for that 'big' order. All the while, I sit and re-read the .pdf rulebook thinking how fun it would be to get destroyed by an unassuming asteroid.

Well, throw my name in the hat! Maybe I'll get lucky and have one less thing to occupy my mind.

Here's to another great year!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrienne
United States
SAN JOSE
California
flag msg tools
badge
Fierce Fish Win the Cup
mbmbmbmbmb
Very generous!

This is also my 1 year anniversary, of being out of work. Great anniversary to celebrate, eh?

I spend A LOT of time on the 'geek, more so than in the past. Participated in my first math trade this year, as well as some other trades. Haven't bought a new game in over 1 year, so I'm itching for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludes
United States
Honor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Congratulations on lasting a year here

I'm a geek regular, though I lurk more than I contribute. I do play Tigris and Euphrates and Werewolf here, however. I hardly go anywhere else on the 'net anymore. This is a great community.

Thanks for the generous contest. I feel good just knowing someone is going to be so thrilled to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
gladstone
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats man, and coolstuff is the best store!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fishhaid
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
Hi there, Face here!
mbmbmbmbmb
That's quite generous, thanks. I've been participating in this site since the inception. It's cost me more money in games but the entertainment value is priceless.

Happy 1st anniversary! I believe that's the "paper" (or cardboard) anniversary...

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Bailey
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
Why don't you believe me?
badge
Seriously, I'm a weasel.
mb
Thanks for doing this. Happy one year on the Geek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So great of you to do this.

I'm a newcomer as well, and as it has for you, BGG has been such a help in directing and flourishing this hobby.
I'm about to drive 160 miles to introduce some friends to Agricola.

Congrats to the future winner!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [33] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.