Popular Tags: [View All]
Damen Parker
Oman
Northampton
Muscat
flag msg tools
Trust me. You know it makes sense
mbmbmbmbmb
Since being introduced to the Internet many many moons ago I have always played PBEM diplomacy. I have always done this via a judge on diplom.org or floc.net.

I love this game. Some games have been pretty quick and over in 3 months where as others have taken 18 months. The long games sadly have been due to high drop out rates. I am thinking that dip fans on the geek may be of a higher calibre than those 'out there'.

Would anybody care for a game of diplomacy via a judge? If there are 7 other players out there willing to have a game I would be very happy.

The requirements are that all players must be prepared to signup to a judge. The USDP judge seems the most reliable in my experience and are 100% free.

As far as a competition for geek gold goes I am thinking that all players except the gamemaster each put in 1GG each with the winnings being split between the winners or winner should someone solo.

Why 7 other players? The standard game takes 7 and obviously someone needs to be the gamemaster.

Developing this thought a little further the comp could be expanded into an eight game series so that everyone has a chance to gamemaster and get to play 7 games. This may well take some time and I would not champion playing more than one game at once though some overlap may well work as a game begins to reach its final stages.

If you are not familiar with the judges they are excellent. Each player sends email etc via the judge, submits moves which are resolved at the deadline. The deadline can be moved to accommodate holidays and the like. Typical deadlines I would recommend are 3 days (maybe 5 days for the first game year or 2 turns) though once players have submitted moves they may happen sooner. The judges also allow for a huge range of variants from different maps to my favourite payola - that's where you get to bribe other peoples forces arrrh

Game is open to all players of any background, age, experience, location etc. Only requirement is an email address and an Internet connection which presumably we all have. That just leaves one other thing - commitment to finish the game.

Any thoughts/interest?

Cheers
Devious

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.