Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
This is my regular dog... Harley.

He looks different now that it's summer, but you get the idea. Just a dog.

I have 4 old plastic planters that I planted with cheap wild flower seeds. They bloomed and provide a bit of trashy elegance to my shack.

The other day Harley (pictured above) trotted up to one of the planters, lifted his leg and proceeded to unleash a torrent of piss directly onto the wildflowers. I just stood there looking at him and he looked back at me... probably would have wagged his tail if he could have done so on three legs. Suffice it to say he was grinning.

Today all the flowers are dead. Dead, dead too. Not just dying. Wilted corpses... as if I had covered them in weed killer.

I never knew dog piss killed flowers. Admittedly, I never thought about it either. Now the other three planters full of flowers cower, shake and emit high-pitched, almost inaudible screams when Harley trots by.

I'm thinking of changing Harley's name to Round-up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
//Also kills flowers
///Also made of Dog Piss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg r
United States
TROY
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
now if only you could teach him how to pee on weeds, You could rent him out for his services. It could come in handy when you wanted to go on vacations rent his services for half price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
I planted with cheap wild flower seeds.

WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH TRIPP?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Edwards
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
I planted with cheap wild flower seeds.

WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH TRIPP?

Pay attention. Tripp is a child of the 60's, and it took decades of hard knocks to mold the craggy, cynical, rock-ribbed hunk o' bootleather we know as Tripp today.

The post has dogs. Piss. Death. Reference to chemicals. All these counterbalance the flowers.

Deep inside, however, there is a free spirit that would plant those flowers, a free spirit that has become wary and is armed to the teeth, but you should be honored that we see a glimpse of that product of the Summer of Love, however fleeting.

That, or it's just a story about dogs peeing on flowers.

Peace, man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Jorgensen
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My cat doesn't destroy seedling by pissing on them. He digs them up, does his business, then replants them neatly when he fills in his little hole. Unfortunatly he doesn't get the whole 'roots go in the ground' thing, and 9 times out of 10 I find an upside down plant.

I've come home on several occasions to find a row of seedlings, all sitting neatly in the garden, except for number 5, who is doing the plant version of a handstand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Quote:
That, or it's just a story about dogs peeing on flowers.

You got it Dan. Jon may be surprised that I enjoy flowers, plants and other nature-like things, but what do you expect from one of the original "green" advocates? I pre-date even ol' Al Gore in my love of mother earth.

Watching Harley piss a pot of flowers to death was not fun, but it's nature happening right before my eyes. It's also a good reason to keep my "herb" garden indoors where it belongs... under lock and key.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
Well no wonder he's pissing on your flowers. You left him out in the cold during a snowstorm. Look at his face: "I'm freezing my kiester off. Oh, how he will pay. Arf." Shame on you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Society of Watchers
United States
Killbuck
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So you have a regular dog, Harley. Do you have an unleaded dog somewhere too? Or an irregular dog that needs some laxative?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
mileser wrote:
So you have a regular dog, Harley. Do you have an unleaded dog somewhere too? Or an irregular dog that needs some laxative?

My other dog is what Dave Barry called "the emergency back-up dog". He's the new one I started a thread on a week or so back. I'll probably just refer to him as my auxiliary dog.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Society of Watchers
United States
Killbuck
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ahhh. Nowadays, we call them dog 2.0

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.