Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the best way to put things back into the box? (Assuming using the trays and included bags).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leif Norcott
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
putting the cards sideways in two stacks and then putting something in between them (figures and maybe the dice) seems to work well for me. Then the personal cheat-sheets on bottom followed by the board and then the rest of the bag with the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Lang
Canada
Wellesley
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
What is the best way to put things back into the box? (Assuming using the trays and included bags).

It's certainly not the easiest game to pack up. I've bagged all the decks and components and managed to cram them in the side channel, but I don't know how well that will work if I want to try to pack up the character figures with the stands on the bottom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
I put all chits, dice and player components on the side compartment. On the bottom I play the 4 Status decks and Treasure deck. I place the Book of Tales on top of the deck of cards and elevated cardboard. The 5 player boards on top of the Book of Tales. The Board itself. Matrix Reference and Rules on top of the Board and then I have the Quest deck and the Encounter deck in two halves, all on top of the board as well, near one side since there is some space there. It fits well this way in my experience.

I have all of my cards sleeved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Goodrich
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Why can't more games have a handicapping mechanism?
badge
Becoming immortal!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I hate throwing out inserts, although this one practically begs out for it... but I couldn't, I like the patterning on it. I put the cards, the dice, and the figures in the side channel, and all the bagged components as spread out flat as possible on top of the board, on the side where the board leans down into the box cavity more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Perry
United States
Waco
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well I gave each character their own bag, which has their tokens and 1 of each destiny/story chip(except that for a few that only have 5, so one character won't have them.) Their bags plus the dice and skill tokens are in the bottom, while the decks are in the side part. Then I just laid everything on top like it came. Oh and for the really small bag that you get... I'm not quite sure what to put in there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Two Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)
badge
Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
mbmbmbmbmb
cayluster wrote:
Yeah, I hate throwing out inserts, although this one practically begs out for it... but I couldn't, I like the patterning on it. I put the cards, the dice, and the figures in the side channel, and all the bagged components as spread out flat as possible on top of the board, on the side where the board leans down into the box cavity more.

I would have thrown it out, but that was difficult since it was glued to the bottom of the box. Seems to me a little excessive. Bags look messy to me so I devised an alternate storage solution. I used nine 25 count Ultra-Pro card boxes for the pieces and four 50 count Ultra-Pro card boxes for the cards. I used the small bag for the morning,day,night tokens and the dice.

I had to modify the box slightly to get the 50 count boxes to fit. I cut the box insert down and used black electrical tape to finish the cut edge. Also, I cut a small piece of foam board the size of the player boards and stuck it under them. That way the gem boxes laid flat. The board, rules, and matrix's fit on top. The lid closed 100%.

Here is a picture:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I separately bagged each deck of cards, including separate bags for each of the four identical status decks. These go in the side channel. Separately bagged each player's cardboard chits (in my own smaller bags, not those provided). All these and unbagged, mounted standups go in the bottom of the box. One bag for skills and one for destiny / story chits goes there too. Everything large and rectangular sits over this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Lang
Canada
Wellesley
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Eeeville wrote:
I put all chits, dice and player components on the side compartment. On the bottom I play the 4 Status decks and Treasure deck. I place the Book of Tales on top of the deck of cards and elevated cardboard. The 5 player boards on top of the Book of Tales. The Board itself. Matrix Reference and Rules on top of the Board and then I have the Quest deck and the Encounter deck in two halves, all on top of the board as well, near one side since there is some space there. It fits well this way in my experience.

I have all of my cards sleeved.

Putting the decks in the void at the bottom of the main channel is brilliant. I'm going to give that a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Goodrich
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Why can't more games have a handicapping mechanism?
badge
Becoming immortal!
mbmbmbmbmb
turtleback wrote:
I would have thrown it out, but that was difficult since it was glued to the bottom of the box. Seems to me a little excessive.

Wow, glued on? I didn't try to lift it out. Yeah, I'd definitely say that's excessive. I like your solution - I think maybe I'll go the Plano route, if I can find something that fits decently.

As for those that stack the cards in the void under the Book of Tales - can you really fit all the cards in there and have it be flat? The space seemed designed to hold the player boards, so that's where I put them, but it does make more sense to stack all the squarish stuff together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.