Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Smith
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played Apples to Apples with some friends at our house today and they wanted to know where they could buy their own copy. We've searched on the Internet but it appears that the game is now unavailable in the UK - sold out everywhere. We had a UK version of the Party Box from a couple of years back. But now that Mattel have bought the rights they only seem to be making it available in the US. Does anyone know when it might become available? Is this a matter of UK licensing rights or have they just not got around to releasing a UK version yet? Can anyone shed any light?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

My nephew plays this at Uni and his friend bought it two or three weeks ago. I did ask if his friend was American and did he get his copy sent over from the USA....it appears that the game was bought in GB.
I might be wrong, but he could have bought it off ebay.
Not much help, but I will ask my nephew as to whether that might be the case or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Sorry...not ebay: from Compedia Traditional Games (UK).

You can also buy it from amazon UK, too.

Hope you get a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Spangler
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Looks like this Amazon (USA) store has it in stock - not sure if they ship to the UK or not:

http://www.charisgames.com/Apples-to-Apples-British-Isles-Ed...

I got a few copies last Xmas for UK friends (while I was living in the UK), but they were hard to find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Smith
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses.

Unfortunately Apples to Apples is not listed on the Compedia online store site and on Amazon UK it is listed as "currently unavailable". I suspect that shops are just getting rid of their remaining old stock. Since Mattel bought the game rights from Out of the Box there do not seem to have been any further copies of the UK edition released.

Sandy - good spot; that is the old edition I was after but it will be prohibitively expensive to ship from the States - at least $29.99 according to standard Amazon shipping rules.

I noticed that the new Mattel edition of the game is not available for international shipping from Amazon.com - so it looks like it is a licensing issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
edward wastenay
msg tools
Apples to Apples British Isles Junior Edition is available from David Westnedge Ltd in London. I also believe that the adult edition should be re-released in the UK around Autumn 2010. It really is a great game!
Hope this helps.
Ed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.