Madelyn C
United States
Locust Grove
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I picked up this game at our local game store the other day, after waiting months for it to come back in stock.

It is a heavy little box for it size. Opening up the box, we were confronted with that new game smell, certainly not as overwhelming as some. The box contained these wonderful pegboards, pegs, score sheets and dice ....and of course the rules.

We had to find something to write with on our scorecards, read through the rules and we got started. Rules were very easy to understand and if anyone has ever used a pegboard, well let's face it very simple.

You can roll the dice a total of three times, or may stop before then. You must keep all skulls you roll. You start with rolling only 3 dice and can add dice if you build more cities. Once you roll all your dice and are complete you move your pegboard accordingly by increasing food and goods. Then you have to feed your cities and resolve disasters. The scorepad summarizes everything for you. You decide if you want to build any cities, monuments and developments - those are all scored on the scorepad.

You must use all of one type of good when building, you cannot keep the extras. The developments and monuments add points to your score and the developments have special effects.

A simple, fun game to play. Very enjoyable and even easy for younger kids to learn. Was glad to have picked this up, even if my fellow gamers rolled right over me.....sigh.....last again.

But it is not if you win or lose, it is how you give the stink eye afterwards.....sauron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Madelyn, make sure you check out the Late Bronze Age PnP expansion. It adds more depth to the game by making some of the underpowered strategies more viable and increasing the game length to 7 developments instead of 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.