Subject: Restrictions on playing combat Cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Pavelich
Norway
Nordfjordeid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are not sure how many combat "modifiers" can be played by any one player in a combat.

For instance: I am fighting a monster and can defeat it using my level plus items.

Before 3 seconds are up, one (or more) of my opponents plays either monster enhancers or one-shots that would make me lose the advantage.

Is the battle over now or:

1) Can I play additional cards to lower the necessary number needed to defeat the monster?

2) If so, can my opponents then counter and I then can counter as well until there are no more legal plays?

3) Or are there limits as to when certain cards may be played? i.e. monster enhancements only at the beginning of the battle.

4) Can you play more than one "one-shot" card, for example to save you from having to roll the runaway, even though you played a "one-shot" earlier and lost the battle?

Sorry, but this wasn't clear to us. Surprised no one else has asked about card numbers in combat. The rules state that you can affect combat in many ways but they DON'T say if you must only choose one way or whether you can play many cards either at once, or after every time another player alters the combat result.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That is not Depeche but rather
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wapahala wrote:
We are not sure how many combat "modifiers" can be played by any one player in a combat.

For instance: I am fighting a monster and can defeat it using my level plus items.

Before 3 seconds are up, one (or more) of my opponents plays either monster enhancers or one-shots that would make me lose the advantage.

Is the battle over now or:

1) Can I play additional cards to lower the necessary number needed to defeat the monster?

Yes.

Wapahala wrote:
2) If so, can my opponents then counter and I then can counter as well until there are no more legal plays?

Yes.

Wapahala wrote:
3) Or are there limits as to when certain cards may be played? i.e. monster enhancements only at the beginning of the battle.

Nope.

Wapahala wrote:
4) Can you play more than one "one-shot" card, for example to save you from having to roll the runaway, even though you played a "one-shot" earlier and lost the battle?

There is no limit.

Wapahala wrote:
Sorry, but this wasn't clear to us. Surprised no one else has asked about card numbers in combat. The rules state that you can affect combat in many ways but they DON'T say if you must only choose one way or whether you can play many cards either at once, or after every time another player alters the combat result.

I hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.