Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Jay Tummelson of RGG has asked me to come to GenCon. I will be in the RGG demo room there and will be happy to introduce players to the Rebel vs Imperium expansion for RFTG. Please stop by and say hello.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolás Mutis Mesa
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
Silly question, but would it possible for you (or somebody) to record one of your sessions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have recorded some games before, but recording a play of RFTG seems really hard, there is just too much information that goes by too quickly. If you want such records, online play would be a much better way to accumulate it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolás Mutis Mesa
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
DaviddesJ wrote:
I have recorded some games before, but recording a play of RFTG seems really hard, there is just too much information that goes by too quickly. If you want such records, online play would be a much better way to accumulate it.

Yes, I agree; it would be tough to grasp (and capture/record) everything on video that happens in a game. I just feel that online play cannot mimic the intended atmosphere which is probably why I haven't tried it before. This is why I'm really interested in seeing what a demo looks like and what kind of information is being provided, not to mention explaining how RvI works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zukeft wrote:
Yes, I agree; it would be tough to grasp (and capture/record) everything on video that happens in a game. I just feel that online play cannot mimic the intended atmosphere which is probably why I haven't tried it before. This is why I'm really interested in seeing what a demo looks like and what kind of information is being provided, not to mention explaining how RvI works.

I didn't understand. By "record", you mean to make a video recording of the game being played? I thought you want a "game record", like a transcript of every card that was drawn and every decision that is made.

A video recording certainly seems possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolás Mutis Mesa
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
Yeah, I kinda realized that when I looked at your reply and my post again. Sorry about that. I'm far too new anyway to understand and interpret card stats, and do in-depth game strategy analysis. Maybe in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Levert
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zukeft wrote:
Silly question, but would it possible for you (or somebody) to record one of your sessions?

Honestly i don't think that's of much use, especially without commentary/annotation. In every video i've ever seen of competitive card games, the video is too blurry to see the cards well enough to know what's going on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dale yu
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
If you're not part of the soultion...
badge
You're part of the precipitate!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Lehmann wrote:
Jay Tummelson of RGG has asked me to come to GenCon. I will be in the RGG demo room there and will be happy to introduce players to the Rebel vs Imperium expansion for RFTG. Please stop by and say hello.

Fantastic!
At least I'll have an authority to turn people to when they ask me complex questions about RftG!

Dale
-- who will be teaching Dominion and Sherwood Forest (apparently) in the RGG demo room
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolás Mutis Mesa
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
entranced wrote:
Honestly i don't think that's of much use, especially without commentary/annotation. In every video i've ever seen of competitive card games, the video is too blurry to see the cards well enough to know what's going on.

Well, I'm not particularly worried about missing the competitive aspect of the game during the demo; I'd just like to see how it's explained by Tom himself. It'd be more of a "wish I could experience the demo" kind of video.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Levert
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zukeft wrote:
I'd just like to see how it's explained by Tom himself. It'd be more of a "wish I could experience the demo" kind of video.

Have you seen the solitaire demo from Wei-Hwa? It's not Tom but it's pretty close.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolás Mutis Mesa
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
Absolutely, I have, and you're right, it should be pretty close. I was simply interested in seeing a bit of RvI live footage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hahn Arama
United States
flag msg tools
I had a guide, a Bedouin man, who called me 'Abu el Banat'. And whenever we'd meet another Bedouin, he'd introduce me as Abu el Banat. And the Bedouin would laugh and laugh and offer me a Pint of beer. (cont below)
badge
And I'd go to pay them for the beer and they wouldn't let me. "Abu el Banat" means "father of daughters." They thought the beer was the least they could do.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Lehmann wrote:

Tom,

Any clue what room you have been assigned?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Wherever the RGG demo room is; I'll be there along with Dale and others.

Beyond that, I don't know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Levert
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you going to play in the RftG tournament? ;)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I think it's full;-) I did play in a 4 round Swiss local tournament earlier this summer and came in second. I'm a reasonably good, but not great, RFTG player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dale yu
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
If you're not part of the soultion...
badge
You're part of the precipitate!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Lehmann wrote:
Wherever the RGG demo room is; I'll be there along with Dale and others.

Beyond that, I don't know.

I believe we're in 104-105 or 105-106

In any event, we're somewhere in that block of rooms that's right near the registration area. I'm certain that we'll have a sign out so we shouldn't be too hard to find.

Hours: Thurs - Saturday from 10am to 10pm

THanks
Dale
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.