Subject: Extended game-Redeploy action/Advance action, and leaving the map rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony B
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First off, loving the game. The extended scenario adds a whole new level of frustration...in a good way. In the midst of getting my a** handed to me in these latter turns, I have a couple questions:

Rule 16.3 states that a German unit in an occupied reinforcement position redeploys if "an unoccupied reinforcement position is the same sector has US units in its field of fire..."

Is this a misprint? Basically, can an occupied reinforcement (who just happens to have no US units in its FOF that turn) move from one end of the sector to another? I've been playing the rule to read "zone," meaning that the German unit redeploys if an unoccupied reinforcement in its Zone (e.g., A, B, C, etc...) has US units in its FOF.

Second, during an "Advance" action, 16.85 states that Advances are conducted after all other German Actions in the Action Phase. If the reinforcement position becomes filled by a different German Unit (through, for example, a Redeploy), does the German Unit that was supposed to advance simply perform no action?

Finally, should I be aiming to have my armor and regular infantry steps head toward the exit hexes as the game wears on? If they leave the map on say, turn 30, do I just keep them aside to count them as points during the Second Victory Check?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Butterfield
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Tony -- Glad you are enjoying the game.

Redeployment is indeed throughout the sector. Think of a German reinforcement unit without US units in its field of fire as a rumor of the presence of German units at that location. When it redeploys to a new position in the sector, a truer picture of enemy dispositions emerges.

If the destination position of German unit's potential advance action becomes occupied by a German unit, the advance does not occur. The unit would instead fire, if US units are in its field of fire, or do nothing.

US units that exit on any turn stay off the map and award VPs at the end of the game. It is up to you to decide when to keep them on map and when to exit them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.