Popular Tags: [View All]
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello. Just a few clarifying questions about the advanced game, and one bonus question about the board.

1. Is player money open (public knowledge) or closed (hidden)?

2. During the shares phase, if at some point only one player has enough money to purchase shares, that player can continue to put up shares for auction and purchase the shares for the minimum bid until s/he runs out of money - correct?

3. Cities B and C are connected with track, and situated between cities A and D, like so:

A B - - - C D

If I decide to build two links in the same round, I can obviously choose to build either the A/B link first or the C/D link first to minimize the build cost (since the second build is more expensive).

However, in the situation below, I assume that the B/C link must be built first (and is therefore less expensive) and the C/D link must be built second (and is therefore more expensive):

A - - - B C D

[I'm 99% sure, but it doesn't hurt to ask.]

4. Is the lack of a track exit on the north hex side of Chatham intentional or a board error?

And a quick comment for Railroad Tycoon owners:

Be sure to note that the original Railroad Tycoon "shares" have (apparently) been changed to bonds in Railways of the World - which means that shares only exist in the advanced game, whereas bonds exist in both the basic and advanced games. Just a potential source of confusion to keep in mind...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Nothing official, but I agree with your interpretations of 2 & 3. For #1, my group plays this with open money (and I think many of MW’s other games are open money) but I guess your group can decide at the start of a game.

Not sure about #4. Good question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean brown

Colorado
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please see amy nswers below:

1. Is player money open (public knowledge) or closed (hidden)?

Public Knowledge (but players can always decide ahead of time to play closed)

2. During the shares phase, if at some point only one player has enough money to purchase shares, that player can continue to put up shares for auction and purchase the shares for the minimum bid until s/he runs out of money - correct?

Correct.

3. Cities B and C are connected with track, and situated between cities A and D, like so:

A B - - - C D

If I decide to build two links in the same round, I can obviously choose to build either the A/B link first or the C/D link first to minimize the build cost (since the second build is more expensive).

However, in the situation below, I assume that the B/C link must be built first (and is therefore less expensive) and the C/D link must be built second (and is therefore more expensive):

A - - - B C D

[I'm 99% sure, but it doesn't hurt to ask.]

If you build 2 links in one turn, you must connect to your existing track with each build.

So, in your example, you would have to build B/C first because B is conected to A but not D. Once connected to C, your second build could be to D (or anywere else connected to your line)

4. Is the lack of a track exit on the north hex side of Chatham intentional or a board error?

Intentional by Martin.

Hope these clarifications help!

Sean
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great. Thanks for the response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.