Zee Garcia
United States
Homestead
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Board Game Blender!
mb
I don't think it's necessary to buy more than 1 starter of each in order to get a feel for the game. Buying multiples won't get you different cards. Also, if you find you enjoy the game and want to get more cards, buying a booster box would be the way to go, considering how cheap they can be had. Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each starter is a set preconstructed deck, so the cards in two "Solidarity" decks will be the same. I imagine you could get a good feel of the game and get some good fun out of just those 3 decks, playing them against each other. WARS cards are available for really cheap online if you find you like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Natera
United States
St. Augustine
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Each starter type is diffrent, so a Swarm starter will have diffrent cards than a Solidarity starter. But there are no random cards and so two Swarm starters are identical to each other.

There are just a few foil cards only found in starters, so if you bought more than 1, you would have extra of those, but it really isn't nessesary.

Online you can find 1 each of each starter, together with 1 each of both booster boxes for around $20 or $30/with shipping. But if your local store has a good deal and you want to just try it out, 1 of each would be good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Natera
United States
St. Augustine
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if that is true. I have bought multiple booster boxes and haven't noticed a bunch of duplicate rares. I went in with a friend add got 9 boxes. We split it with each getting 2 & 1/2 of incursion and 2 of nowhere to hide. I'm pretty happy with what I got.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RoyalOak wrote:
At this subject, I've read somewhere that purchasing a full box of boosters is a bad idea, because Decipher didn't mix them well enough, so I risk to have in each the same rare cards. Is this true ?

My experience is that rares weren't mixed very well. In a couple of boxes, I ended up with numerous doubles - that would be ok, except that Rare cards are so hard to find anyway you end up with a small mountain of useless common cards.

I would only suggest buying a couple boxes of boosters if you want to play and just have fun. If you want *all* the cards, then it is better to search for a second-hand collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.