Popular Tags: [View All]
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My partner and I have a new place with much more room and as of Thursday night at 11:20 PM a new family member, my daughter Aoife Sylvana. Aoife (pronounced ee-fa) is an Irish name that means "beautiful, radiant" and is also the name of a legendary woman warrior. Sylvana is the feminine form of Silvanus, the Greek god of forests and woodlands. Here is a picture:

My partner and I are early career academics, so we’ve been moving around a lot the past few years. She was offered a tenure track position so we jumped at the chance and accepted the offer in early June. I spent the first week in June making logistical arrangements and Ann’s brother looked at apartments for us at our destination. It was a crazy week with trying to find a place from a distance and make all the arrangements for a moving service, etc. We settled on one of those "you pack, we haul" companies that drop off a trailer for you to load yourself. We packed the house the week of 8 June, the trailer was dropped off on June 12 and we hired local professionals to load the trailer on Sunday June 14.

Ann, our two cats and I then drove 1500 miles from eastern Washington to Minnesota and arrived at our new place on Thursday June 18. Our stuff arrived the next day and we hired professional movers to unload the trailer for us. THEN, on the following Monday, just 3.5 days after arriving at our new home, I left for a two-day job interview at the University of Alaska Anchorage that had me traveling most of the following week. We managed to find a midwife, birthing center and doula that Ann was comfortable with about an hour’s drive north of home. We spent the next few weeks settling in to the new place, trying to get everything ready before Ann’s due date of 23 July. She delivered a week late so we managed to get all settled before the birth with our additional room and space in our new home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beautiful girl, beautiful name, great story.

Gratz!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eager
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
DBA Junkie
badge
"A Book should serve as the Ax for the frozen sea within us."-- KAFKA
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats! Now put her to work plowing! There's empty acreage to fill!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Congratulations! She's so cute!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats. Hello baby, goodbye snore snore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that we've moved, unpacked, settled in to the new place, and have our baby, life can return to normal, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That is not Depeche but rather
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elfbane wrote:
Now that we've moved, unpacked, settled in to the new place, and have our baby, life can return to normal, right?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...HAHA...HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

*gasp*

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Oh, and congratulations!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Progmode wrote:
Elfbane wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...HAHA...HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

*gasp*

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Oh, and congratulations!

Wait... what's that supposed to mean?! shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.