Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1- Suppose I want to attack unit X with both my units A and B. Unit A rolls 2 flags and unit X retreats out of reach of my unit B. Now what? Do I:

a) Lose my chance to combat at all with unit B
b) Choose another valid target for my unit B
c) I should only decide my target for each unit when it's its turn to battle (instead of deciding the target of each unit before the start of the combat phase)
d) Something else...

2- I know that I must remove the sandbag when the initial unit leaves. What if:

a) In the same turn, I move unit A out of sandbag hex but immediately replace it with unit B? Sandbag gone or not?

b) Ennemy successfully attacks and kills my sandbag unit with a close combat attack. He decides to advance on my hex (taking its ground option). Sandbag gone or not?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
I must think over my position and how I may improve it.
mb
fardoche wrote:
1- Suppose I want to attack unit X with both my units A and B. Unit A rolls 2 flags and unit X retreats out of reach of my unit B. Now what? Do I:

a) Lose my chance to combat at all with unit B
b) Choose another valid target for my unit B
c) I should only decide my target for each unit when it's its turn to battle (instead of deciding the target of each unit before the start of the combat phase)

C. Although you can sometimes lose your chance to combat still.

Quote:
2- I know that I must remove the sandbag when the initial unit leaves. What if:

a) In the same turn, I move unit A out of sandbag hex but immediately replace it with unit B? Sandbag gone or not?

Sandbags only apply for the unit that started there, iirc.

Quote:
b) Enemy successfully attacks and kills my sandbag unit with a close combat attack. He decides to advance on my hex (taking its ground option). Sandbag gone or not?

See answer above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The above answers are correct.

1) You don't need to declare a target until just before the combat so you can change your mind up to that point.

2) Sandbags are gone the second a unit vacates the hex never to return again 9unless you play the Dig In card later). They are an abstract representation of an entrenched or defensive position so don't think of them as a physical set of sandbags that a new unit can occupy. Think of it more as blown cover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
Thunder Alley: Crew Chief Expansion - Coming soon to Kickstarter!
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
fardoche wrote:

This situation is one of the great parts of this game in my opinion.
When you have two units that is attacking, it is very important to decide carefully where to place the units and who attacks first. This to ensure that both units gets to attack. Although not always possible to achieve, you should consider this when moving several units into a position of attack.

It is very frustrating when you use an "Attack" card and moves 3 units in for the attack on enemy unit X only to have your unit A roll flags in abundance and render your units B and C out of reach of any valid targets.

Enjoy the game. And placing the units so retreat for the enemy unit is blocked is the way to ensure you get to attack with every unit, unless the enemy unit gets elliminated. And in that case all is well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.