Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Glenn Margewich
United States
Clifton
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that upon landing on a space that gives you the ability to draw a black or white card, the player has the option of drawing a card. My question, if a player does draw a card that happens to be an equipment card, are they obligated to use/keep the equipment? Example, someone drew a card that reduced their own attacks by 1 as well as reducing received damage by 1...he didn't want to take the reduced damage, but we played that he had to keep the card because he decided to draw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zee Garcia
United States
Homestead
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Board Game Blender!
mb
As far as I know, yes, once you draw a card you are forced to play/use it. Do note that some cards ask you if you want to reveal your identity. In these cases, if you either don't qualify or don't want to reveal yourself, then you don't have to and the card does nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules seem pretty clear... if you draw an equipment card, you place it in front of you and that card is "equipped". While equipped a card is always in effect.

Similarly with Single Use cards.. you must follow the instructions on the card... however if the card reads that you "may" do something, you have a choice... E.g. "if you are a shadow, you may reveal to fully heal"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The root of all evil... but you can call me cookie.
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Yep the game will beat you up sometimes all on it's own. If you draw a card you must use it. There is no holding onto equipment cards to play later or anything like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.