Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anders Gabrielsson
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still confused about exactly what you can and cannot do after a mission (and between reattempts).

Can you reconstitute non-squad units, like HQs and weapon teams? The rules don't seem to allow it, but it seems strange.

Are you really supposed to do the between-mission sequence in that order? Assigning experience before reconstitution seems odd to me.

If you assign a veteran replacement step to an HQ unit, does it become green or not?

Any help appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Summers
United States
Potomac Falls
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You can reconstitute non-Squads from LATs (as far as I'm aware), but all LATs reconstitute as green - so your HQ/Wpns would be green. You just cannot promote attached units.

Assigning experience before reconstituting (and adding replacements) makes sense to me. You wouldn't want a step that spent the entire mission being paralyzed to be reconstituted to a Plt HQ and then promoted right away. This ensures that only the units that fought in the mission get experience points, and that the poor LATS do not get promoted.

From the rules: "You can use a replacement step to reconstitute a HQ or Staff unit, but that unit has an experience level of Green". So there is no point assigning a veteran replacement as a HQ unit (it'd be a waste since the HQ is green). Again this makes sense in real life as just because the unit is a veteran, doesn't mean they have any leadership experience. The bottom line is be careful before sending your HQ/Staff into the line of fire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Gabrielsson
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers! This part of the rules has been bugging me a lot; it always seems I'm doing something wrong or that I'm just guessing at how things are supposed to work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.