Mechajunkie One
msg tools
mbmb
Reading the posts about the latest Monopoly-related incident caused me to remember one particular episode of "Maximum Exposure" that showed footage of the aftermath from a fight caused by a board game. The police were already on the scene and they were about to take the guy who apparently started the fight into custody, when said guy suddenly decides to make a run for it only to be shot in the back by a taser gun for his efforts.

This took place somewhere in Texas, but I can't remember just where exactly. Anyone here know?

I wanted to ask these next few questions in the off chance that there is someone here that was personally involved in all of this. Could you give a general idea of what kind of person this guy is? Is he the kind of person that tends to have a short-temper? Is he someone you normally play games with? Lastly, what was that game that caused the fight? The MaxEx narrator didn't give a name.

Just for fun, I'm going to lay odds that it wasn't Monopoly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't they started tasering random grandmothers now anyway?

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Link
United States
Snowmass Village
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
Apprently this happens pretty much every day...just search a little and you'll find the week's boardgame victim...alas the name of the game is never released.

"Foundations for Living, 1451 Ohio 39, Mansfield -- A 17-year-old girl was issued a summons for assault Thursday night. She struck a 41-year-old staff member in the head with a board game, police said."
-from
http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/article/20090718/NEWS01/...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mechajunkie One
msg tools
mbmb
Guess we should be grateful that this isn't the kind of response we get when someone declines an invitation to play a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reminds me of a reno 911 episode I saw on you tube, wasn't obviously
reno 911 at the time. Though they were larping not a board game but it
got out of hand. At the end the guy ran off yelling "I'm using my boots of escaping, I'm using my boots of escaping, "

Edit: found a link
http://www.videosift.com/video/DD-player-with-boots-of-escap...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Witchey
United States
Laguna Hills
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cptwacky wrote:
Apprently this happens pretty much every day...just search a little and you'll find the week's boardgame victim...alas the name of the game is never released.

"Foundations for Living, 1451 Ohio 39, Mansfield -- A 17-year-old girl was issued a summons for assault Thursday night. She struck a 41-year-old staff member in the head with a board game, police said."
-from
http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/article/20090718/NEWS01/...

Wow. I grew up near this location (closer to Shelby). I had no idea that the local populace were into using boardgames as weapons. Usually its the normal knife, gun, car kind of thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.