Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
www.punkzter.blogspot.com
badge
It's a horse. On a chair.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dorian,

The amount differs by the amount of time that you will be there. Although the pre-registration period has passed, I think that this link will give you the info you need:

http://boardgamers.org/downloads/WBC09prereg.pdf

I don't believe that you need to sign up ahead of time to compete in tournaments, but attendance is limited to the number of copies of the games that show up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DorianGray wrote:
It seems so odd it's actually hard to find this. I checked the website, googled it and nothing.

I'm assuming it'll be like Origins of around $50. Because I'm on a tight-schedule and budget I wanted to know the exact price and this would be my first time going. Anyone who's been to the World Boardgaming Championships know what the Admission's Ticket price was?

It $80 at the door for the full convention (Monday-Sunday), but $10 each day later. There are also single day tickets available. Also preregistration saves some $ as well.

The key point is that there are no annoying, hassle-inducing, additional fees or tickets for entering events ,demos, room ribbons, etc. All the gaming you can do is included in the registration.

Quote:
Also Off topic question: you don't have to sign up or anything to compete in the board game tournaments right? Like the Twilight Struggle, 1960 games that are in the Red Catagory (You need to know how to play the game)

Hardly off topic!

All you have to do is arrive at the start time (best to get there a few minutes early.) and sign up at the start of the heat or first round.

The Advanced events will not have a demo or be taught at the event. You should know the rules before the event starts--but often people will teach the game in open gaming.

Beginner events have a scheduled demo before the start for new players to learn the game and more experienced players to refresh themselves with the rules.

Coached events will be taught prior to the start of the game--usually very simple games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

There is complication in that they include membership in the BPA with the fee. Given your length of stay you'll likely join the BPA and save money that way, though I can't figure out the web site either. All I know is that I'll be there three days and I'm a member now.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Spade
United States
Elizabethtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the article in the local Lancaster newspaper said something like $30 for the first day and $10 per day thereafter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Tamburo
United States
Justice
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rodspade wrote:
I believe the article in the local Lancaster newspaper said something like $30 for the first day and $10 per day thereafter.

Not sure why they said that. The program states $80 for the full (7 day) convention minus $10 for each day less than 7 you sign up for. So if you come Thurs thru Sun that would be $80 minus $30 (for the three days Mon, Tues and Wed you did not sign up for) for a charge of $50.

As noted, that charge is all you pay. No ribbons, event tickets or the like.

Also, if you attend more than one day you automatically receive associate level BPA membership, which gives PBEM tournament privileges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Gold Canyon
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather . . . not screaming and yelling like the passengers on his bus
mbmbmbmbmb
punkzter wrote:
Dorian,

The amount differs by the amount of time that you will be there. Although the pre-registration period has passed, I think that this link will give you the info you need:

http://boardgamers.org/downloads/WBC09prereg.pdf

If you go for 1 day it's $20. Any additional day is $10.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.