Enhac Adira
Spain
L'Hospitalet de Llobregat
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everybody,

I have a question about "Hostile Press Corps":
The Nixon player is required to make support checks for Campaigning actions in all states for the remainder of the turn as if they were being carried by Kennedy.

The question is: if Nixon is leading in Media Support, does he still require to make support checks when Kennedy plays "Hostile Press Corps", in spite of Nixon's Media Support?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that Hostile Press Corps should be read to essentially say "For the purposes of support checks, Kennedy is considered to be carrying every state." Since if Kennedy actually were carrying every state, Media control with help Nixon avoid support checks, they still should here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enhac Adira
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, a non-English-speaker over here having problems with the last sentence... Can you explain a bit further? blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enhac Adira
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found the answer in the FAQ, sorry for re-ask here.

Quote:
Q. Do card effects supercede the rules? (example: Hostile Press Corps)
A. In general, yes, but most of these effects are applied as modifications to existing rules. Hostile Press Corps, for example, takes an existing effect (the support check requirement for carried states) and applies it in a new context (every state, not just those genuinely carried by Kennedy). Any other rules which apply to this effect, such as the fact that the support check requirement is negated by media support, would continue to apply in this new context, however.

Then, Nixon doesn't do support checks.

Thanks, coolpapa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.