Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Emivaldo Sousa
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I got this right, if you are attacking and loose all your chips, the defender can hapilly move his own chips into your territory. Is that right? If so, it makes attacks something extremelly risky.

Usually, in this kind of games, the attacker has some advantage, but in EVE he does not appear to have any.

Or am I out of the mark here?

It is important to note the I will play my first match this afternoon, so I'm trying to grasp the concepts to explain the game right.

Best to you all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Evans
United Kingdom
St Ives
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The attacker has the advantage in that it would be there logistic turn and thus will be able to do several actions that turn. If they lose the fight which can happen if both forces are of similar sizes then they could follow the attack up with more attacks from other locations.

If the attacker has a larger force than the defender then usually the attacker will be able to take measures to reduce casualties as well as deal damage where the defender will be unable to split his dice to the same effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emivaldo Sousa
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played it today and it made more sense, still I found the fact that you can loose an outpost launching an attack from it very lame and anticlimatic.
And it kind of drags an already very long experience, 'cause you tend to only attack when you have multiple sites for launching the attack or a huge stack of chips. Attacking with eauql odds may mean suicide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Whitfield
msg tools
I'll have to say, one advantage of attacking is a lot of the production cards which add certain bonusses to your combat when attacking but not defending. Though lately I've seen some powerful logistics cards which can massively change the battlefield when defending a location so it all depends on what your style is.

The only other advantage I can see for attacking is that you set when and where combat happens. If there really is no advantage for the attacker then your opponant will not attack you either so waiting to win on the defence is simply not an option. It's about the inititive.

Either way, a massive difference between dice rolls can make a seemingly easy victory a monsterous failure. I've resorted to blaming server lag on certain fleet battles because things went catastrophic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.