Subject: Phase 3: Clarification needed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just want to make sure we're doing it right, because there was some discussion about it. It looks to me that it's discard cards of eliminated creatures, then draw cards to get back up to eight, if needed. During the draw part of that phase, if a player gets another card of an eliminated creature, he'll have to hang onto it until phase 3 of his next turn. Correct? Does anyone have a house rule that says a player can discard those cards and keep drawing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Jex
United Kingdom
Newark
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We play you have to hang on to the cards until the next discard phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right, drawing a card from a dead creature means you have a useless card for the next turn. I haven't played this game a lot, but I see no need to house rule that; your hand is big enough that you'll still have some options, and everybody will get hit with the problem about the same amount, so it's no big deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Crowe
United States
Mount Savage
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The sequence of play is specifically:

1) Place a bet (optional)
2) Play a card (mandatory)
3) Discard allowed cards (max 3)
4) Draw cards (up to 8)

So, yes, if you draw a useless card, you must keep it until your next turn's discard phase.

It really isn't a good idea to make a house rule that allows discard and re-draws of useless cards. Mostly, it doesn't give everyone a chance to get cards when the deck is running low. Secondly, if you are playing with the colossal arena game-end rule of when the draw pile is exhausted, it makes the game that much shorter. Lastly, you should still have enough options in your hand even with the useless cards, and it will fix itself next round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.