Popular Tags: [View All]
Hawkeye
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking to buy or trade for a copy of this game but would like to get the last version printed. Does anyone know if that's the "Game of the Year" edition?

Was it last printed in 2004?

Are there any substantial differences between the various printings?

Thanks,

Hawkeye

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also like to know how many editions there are and the differences between them?

TIA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erez Ben-Aharon
Australia
Civic Square
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Rory,

There were 4 published versions:

and 2004 (GOTY edition).

Regards,
Erez.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerd In NY
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a copy of the game purchased at my Local Gaming store still in shrink. I've looked at all of the pictures found in this posting but I can't find any distinguishing factors that indicate which version I have. My box art could match the picture listed under English First Edition or the English Game of the Year Edition or the English Second Edition.

They mention years of printing, is that somewhere on the outside of the box? The box has a copyright date of 1999 but that's not likely to change.

Of course if the year the game was printed had no impact on play or trade value I wouldn't ask, but that seems to be an item of discussion in the forum so I suspect it is now a big issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lowry
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Generally, the printing should be mentioned at the bottom of the front cover. Look here:

If you don't see anything, or a GOTY tag at the top, it's probably a first printing.

And that does have an impact, because it'd have the earlier stiff map, rather than mounted board, and thinner counters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerd In NY
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much James. Apparently I have a First Printing. My copy has the GMT Games Logo, address and copyright 1999 information. It also says "Paths of Glory is a GMT Games trademark for its strategic game on the First World War, 1914-1918"

Another clue about the age might be found on the right side since my version says "By Roger B. MacGowan copyright 1999" and yours clearly says "By Roger B. MacGowan copyright 2010" which match the years the versions came out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.