Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Clinch
United Kingdom
Bedford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
# Previous game in chain Chicago Express

Rhienelander, is by prolific designer Reiner Knizia, and without wishing to sound rude- is a typical Reiner where some abstract mechanism is applied to a theme and has a mathematical foundation. I’m not knocking it, because it played well rules were simple, objectives fairly straight forward (though for a newbie it was difficult to judge what was a good score) and it boiled down to hand management and counter placement. The idea being that you had several knights with which to score the most points. Your hand of cards had a range of numbers that could be used either to place a knight on the numbered area (usually starting a new “region”) or by discarding you could expand an existing “region”.
There was some subtle manoeuvres, where 2 regions met the control went to the player with the majority, but then either player could expand the area with the correct numbered card (because you didn’t have to place adjacent to your own pieces). As you may guess, I didn’t go a bundle for this game ( I like a bit more flavour/interest), but it certainly wasn’t a bad game. Some interesting bits held together by a concise framework, but perhaps not one I’d play again in a hurry.

It was now getting late (11pm-ish) and some tables were beginning to empty, but not us! Let’s try something completely different, so after 5 mins at the games library it was the The Really Nasty Golf Game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.