Hide
3 Posts

StarCraft: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Resources rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike L
msg tools
How do you keep track of resources? Or is it that you HAVE to use what you earn from a round or you lose it? Some help on how resources work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferran Solà
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mb
Once you gain a resource card from a planet, it's under your control until you lose the base. Then EACH turn, you have all the resources available (it means unless you deplete it, it doesn't end) from your faction sheet, plus the ones you got from controlling planetary areas.

Then, every turn, when you have to spend resources to build something, you move avaliable workers into the resource card, until it's limit (a resource card of 2 mineral, can only have 2 workers, etc). Then, at the end of the turn, it's "reseted" and next turn you got those resources back again ready to be spent.

Hope I explained myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
apoc0106 wrote:
How do you keep track of resources? Or is it that you HAVE to use what you earn from a round or you lose it? Some help on how resources work?

I guess you could say use or lose it but that really isn't how I think about them. Say between you base allocation (4 crystal and 2 gas, not sure its been a while since I played) and planets you have 8 crystal and
8 gas, You don't really have this many resources, what you have is your maximum potenial. Now say in this situation you have 10 workers. This means you can get 8 Crystal and 2 gas or 2 crystal and 8 gas or something in between.

You track it by placing the workers on the resource areas. This is why its important to build additional workers.

You can also over mine to get more out of a mine though you still need the workers. After that you get a partial depletion marker, do it again the mine becomes worthless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.