Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

Beep! Beep!» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Baycon 2009: Part XIII (The Quest sinks to new depths of depravity) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Clinch
United Kingdom
Bedford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
# Previous game in chain Indonesia

I can't believe this followed the economic might of Indonesia, oh well. You definitely need to have been drinking all evening to play this game, unless you are playing with under 10’s.
We fell into the former. How do I describe the complexities that are Beep-beeep. Well I’m not quite sure if the intention is to run the little critters down in your gas guzzling 4x4’s, or whether in this politically eco friendly world (I have a “Save the Gay Whales” bumper sticker) we are actually trying to avoid running them down.
Either way, the game play is such that 5 piles of cards are face up, with pictures representing a variety of animals in a variety of colours (eg yellow skunks, pink turtles, etc). You are allowed to take a card from any pile, so long as it is either the same animal or same colour as the stack you are putting it on. This is in real time against all the other players (think Hungry Hippos on acid).
Now one neat twist is that you have to complete 2 stacks, and that your final score is equal to the number of cards in the smaller stack. It is easy to get carried away and focus on just one stack to the detriment of the other.
The final twist in the rules is that if you ever see 3 of a kind on top of the 5 stacks in the middle, you can reach out and grab the squeaky car [Top tip; do not play in the presence of dogs, otherwise you may find your central component gets chewed up- you have been warned].
This game requires up most concentration, hand/eye co-ordination, the ability to assimilate multiple sources of data at once and select the most advantageous motion in a split second.
OK maybe that was a bit hyped up, what you really need is strong knuckles. To be honest, it is fun while playing but not something you’d want to play every night. I have to admit its original but will never make it into the Top 10.
However, we did play it twice so that increased my tally for the day- but we still weren’t done, Ed was not satisfied until we played one more game. Time check;1am. Bring out Um Reifenbreite

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.