Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alessandro Cingolani
Italy
Arezzo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, sorry if I post here the image found in the Gallery, but it'll help to understand my question a lot easier.

Western Zone, there's the Park (yellow) neighborhood with the statue in the SE corner, the lake in the NE corner and the green neighborhood on its left. As it's clearly shown on the image, this Park DOES have a part of its border that shares the outern map border.

The question is pretty straightforward: does this Park counts as a Border neighborhood for the relative Victory Card or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Rutyna
United States
Plymouth
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE: Oops, just noticed you were playing the "Family" version of the game (never played this myself). But in this case I have to agree that it is OBVIOUS that the park would score for this border.

You need to clarify the question. Not sure which "relative victory card" you are speaking of. This park obviously "Borders" the Statue and the Lake, and could be used for scoring either. It can't be used for scoring Bridges. The only other 2 victory cards Districts and Chains, can't score victory points relative to this park touching the "outside border". As far as I know, in either case touching the outside border counts for NOTHING. The "outside border" is NOT a district, and you can't use it to chain to some other building that happens to be touching the "outside border" either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Cingolani
Italy
Arezzo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Always played the game in Expert mode. But it happened once that I've been forced to play the game in Family mode on , and we were presented with this problem.

I ruled that that park neighborhood IS indeed considered on the borders of the map (since it shares a part of the border), but looking at all the other border neighborhoods, I think the doubt is lecit, since all the others share a side in its totality with the map border, and this Park is the only one that doesn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.