Peter Clinch
United Kingdom
Bedford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
# Previous game in chain Yspahan

Werewolves has many incarnations and can be played in many different ways, usually depending on the number of people playing. This particular game was being run in the bar by one of the organisers of the convention, and was open to anyone who wanted to join in. The premises, is that the village has been infiltrated by Werewolves. The trouble is by day they look human, and by night they feast upon a hapless villager. So the mayor calls a meeting, then the villagers accuse the most likely suspect and hang them. At this point they discover if they have just hanged another innocent victim or a real werewolf.

It’s a great laugh when everyone is in the spirit of it. Trying to second guess who’s really on your side and who’s not for the villagers is the tricky part. For the Werewolves (who are fewer), at least they know each other but have to try and stay safe by accusing others and spreading seeds of doubt.

Our organiser was running the debate a bit like a courtroom, with the various people being accused having to come up with an “in village” excuse like;”it couldn’t have been me cos i’m the butcher....errm that wasn’t a very good trade to pick..mmm, well you’ll just have to believe me!!”. The best line of the night was when Carl was protesting his innocence, he reminded the rest that he had sussed out the previous Werewolf with the immortal line...”I fingered her!” (I think he meant “pointed out”). A great time was had by all, and unfortunately I was on the losing team as Paul chose to hang the only remaining villager, leaving himself and a Werewolf- with a very big grin...

After some grub, we took out RoboRally
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.