Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I don't know if my experience is standard, but I noticed that in the Filosofia edition (which I received in the mail a couple of weeks ago), the uranium markers are nice and large this time around--similar in size and shape to the oil markers, but with squared-off sides. My earlier Rio Grande Games edition (Power Grid, of course) has small cylinders, perhaps half the diameter of the oil--very hard to handle.

I'm quite happy with the shape of the uranium in this edition!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mb
The size and shape of the markers is different in later printings of Power Grid, too. I think they made a change at some point, though it just might be whatever is available when they print them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Bobby4th wrote:
The size and shape of the markers is different in later printings of Power Grid, too. I think they made a change at some point, though it just might be whatever is available when they print them.

Could be. Now that I think about it, my Power Grid (a trade acquisition) might actually have slightly flattened uranium markers...but still quite tiny.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a 1st edition RGG Power Grid and a copy of Funkenschlag: EnBW. They have different sized nuclear pieces too. Some time I ask if people want to play with big nukes or small nukes

I think there's a slight colour variation with the coal too.

P.S. I need to get myself a copy of Mégawatts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Karlsen wrote:
P.S. I need to get myself a copy of Mégawatts

When in Paris at a games fair...

Got a copy last Saturday. It has the big nuclears too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.