Popular Tags: [View All]
Empress
Japan
Nogata, Nakano-ku
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spray on sunscreen. I recommend against it.

PLUS

Empress
Japan
Nogata, Nakano-ku
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Equals

And yes I used SPF 70. And yes I reapplied. And yes, i still look like a calico cat. YAY!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
TURN AROUND TURN AROUND!

Chit Chat is getting all scandalous .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Empress
Japan
Nogata, Nakano-ku
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
TURN AROUND TURN AROUND!

They ain't seen nothing yet. devilkiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Toggy wrote:
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
TURN AROUND TURN AROUND!

Haha, I look forward to that post even more...*ow* my wife just hit me...and she says she sympathizes and learned the same way you did with the spray on junk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Empress
Japan
Nogata, Nakano-ku
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
Toggy wrote:
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
TURN AROUND TURN AROUND!

Haha, I look forward to that post even more...*ow* my wife just hit me...and she says she sympathizes and learned the same way you did with the spray on junk.

Yay for your wife! Not in the learning the heard way as I did about the fail of the sunscreen either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
Ouch! I can sympathize. I fell asleep on the beach once, and wound up with a horrible, horrible burn. To this day, the skin on my back is very sensitive to pressure and sun.

One other unsolicited piece of advice: Solarcaine = BAD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

That sucks. I hope you're using some pain killers for that. And aloe. And Noxzema.

A couple of summers ago, I weeded my front flower bed while wearing shorts and without sunscreen. Yes, in Texas. In August. And while using Elidel, which was the biggest problem. How many warnings are on the packaging about NOT going out in the sun while using it? Yeah. Ow, ow, ow!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Empress
Japan
Nogata, Nakano-ku
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
Ouch! I can sympathize. I fell asleep on the beach once, and wound up with a horrible, horrible burn. To this day, the skin on my back is very sensitive to pressure and sun.

Why bad?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
午餐先生
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
On a family trip to the Bahamas years ago, my uncle wore a shirt to snorkel. We had been wearing dark shirts and stuff because we were out all day and didn't want to have to worry about jellies and stuff or the sunscreen coming off. Except one day he wore a white shirt. On an all day trip. Snorkeling.

White shirt + water = lobster uncle in the evening. He had a hard time sitting down.

I got a sunburn, but not as bad as him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my worst sunburn ever in Nice on the beach. After a day on the beach, I was able to literally peel my entire layer of skin off my torso in one giant sheet. Underneath was all red and stingy for days. But at least I gave my friend a good scare when he saw me peel my skin off.

This past weekend I was camping and did wear sun block, but something in it bothered my eyes so they were watering and stinging the whole time. Overall it would have been better go go without.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The amazing & fabulous
Australia
Sarina
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We only go to SPF30+ here in Australia.

You poor, poor, darling. I send you calamine squishies. I'm on these anti-biotics that make me sun sensitive and even though it is Winter here and quite cold, Canberra has blue skies and sunshine, so I am burnt from walking my dogs. But not like you. Poor Toggy. Me no likee you in pain.

xxxx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the spray on every week playing handball. Direct sunlight - never burned. And I'm WAY too fair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That is not Depeche but rather
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last Monday, I took my wee one to the beach (she's 3.5ish for those keeping score). It was just the two of us, and having nowhere else to turn, I asked her to help put some sunscreen on the spots of my back I couldn't quite reach. I knew it wouldn't be perfect, but it was better than nothing.

She did her best, but by they time we were done, I had a sunburn with unburnt toddler hand prints on my back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
I don't get it.

You see, in normal parts of the world, there's this thing called the "Sun". It's a giant ball of fire in the sky that repels most gamers. I know, I know, you're thinking I'll be telling you dragons exist next. But please believe me, it's true. This ball of fire is so hot, that if you lay outside all day, it actually burns your skin! And it really hurts.

Yes, I know you're saying you don't get sunburn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Empress
Japan
Nogata, Nakano-ku
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
amwiles wrote:
This ball of fire is so hot, that if you lay outside all day, are outside for three hours, it actually burns your skin! And it really hurts.

FTFY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, here comes the native Floridian experience and advice--too late, unfortunately for Toggy!!

SPF of 30 is all you need as studies show that the level of sun protection over 30 barely increases with the numbers (yes, I mean 50 & 70 SPF is not almost twice the protection of 30, just a bit more). So, the first thing is to buy a good, creamy--not spray on--30 SPF sunscreen that states that it is WATERPROOF, not water resistant. Usually the "Sport" varieties are waterPROOF.

The second important thing is to apply at least 30 minutes before you go into the sun. The sunscreen should be applied at home before you put on your bathing suit--not at the beach/pool!!!

The 3rd most important thing is to re-apply after swimming or rinsing. Yes, even the waterPROOF sunscreen.

The 4th and MOST IMPORTANT rule is to cover your skin around 11am to 2pm completely and stay in the shade. Wear a long-sleeve shirt and a hat and stay in the shade.

If you are on a multi-day beach/pool vacation you need to cover up more than just for a 1-day jaunt.

kiss

Aloe, vinegar, cool water..........poor Toggy!!

MMB
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Pengelly
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
amwiles wrote:
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
I don't get it.

You see, in normal parts of the world, there's this thing called the "Sun". It's a giant ball of fire in the sky that repels most gamers. I know, I know, you're thinking I'll be telling you dragons exist next. But please believe me, it's true. This ball of fire is so hot, that if you lay outside all day, it actually burns your skin! And it really hurts.

Ha, yet another person peddling this myth of burning orb in the sky called the "Sun", how ridiculous, if it was on fire it'd burn the piece of string holding it in place and fall down.

Next you'll be telling us that the world isn't flat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June King
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Bring me her heart in this box.
mbmbmbmbmb
Poor girl. Keep covered and get some aloe vera jelly.

Someone else already posted good guidelines for us pasty white people for whom the sun is a very bad thing in anything other than very small doses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Planar wrote:
amwiles wrote:
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
I don't get it.

Ha, yet another person peddling this myth of burning orb in the sky called the "Sun", how ridiculous, if it was on fire it'd burn the piece of string holding it in place and fall down.

Next you'll be telling us that the world isn't flat.

Yeah Amy, we're not quite as stupid as we think you have us are being somethinglikethat. Fool me once, shame me once, fool me twice, I am you shame I have to go now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The spray stuff is fine, if you use it right. You have to apray it on, and then rub it in, so that you get a nice coating. If you just spray, all you end up with are tiny little drops of sunscreen on you. All spraying does is give you a nice even coating that you can spread around, rather than deal with the glob of sunscreen you squeezed out of the tube.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm free-basing midichloriens and the force is, like, an energy that connects and penetrates us all, man.
United States
Saint Ann
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The sun you say? Why, what is that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
Toggy wrote:
Verkisto wrote:

Why bad?

It seems to make it worse. My burn didn't improve with the use of it, and when I went to the doctor about it, he told me to stop using it, as an allergic reaction to the stuff is common. Of course, I'm trying to confirm that through Google, and I'm getting bupkus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Abreu
Portugal
flag msg tools
MAISON ABREU: Lair of Abreu, you know, that guy below. Do not mistake this for other Maisons or Houses or even Abreus.
badge
I do look good on this chair, dont I?
mbmbmbmbmb
Toggy wrote:
Spray on sunscreen. I recommend against it.

PLUS

Empress
Japan
Nogata, Nakano-ku
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Equals

And yes I used SPF 70. And yes I reapplied. And yes, i still look like a calico cat. YAY!

It could be worse:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aww! Poor Toggy! I hope you feel better soon! Sunburns are yucky, though I don't burn, I just tan or peal for some reason. Put some limes in some coconuts and drink them all up! It will make you feel better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.