Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own F&Axe and enjoy it alot.....it seems to capture the feel of sailing, raiding, pillaging.....my question is, how does Vikings stack up to F&A?

Which one is THE Viking game???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vikings is an interesting game, but doesn't come close to matching Fire and Axe as far as mixing theme and game play. If you want a game that makes you think Viking, this isn't the game you are looking for...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
Vikings doesn't capture any of those feels. It's just a good game for other reasons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you read anything about Vikings? The games aren't even remotely similar.

To be more specific, Fire & Axe could be themed around a few things, but it would always have the same Viking feel. Vikings, on the other hand, could have the theme changed to almost anything, it is so generic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pretty much what I felt about this game.....it reminds me alot of a zooloretto or something like that, in it is only viking in theme only.....thanks, think i will pass then as I think I have other games that would be too similar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll echo what the others have said here: these are two totally different games. Vikings is a terrific game, but there is no raping or pillaging at all. I'd call it a textbook eurogame. Fire & Axe is definitely more about vikings, sailing and raiding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

F@A has a real Viking feel and even though I wanted to get Vikings, I doubt that I now will. Better the devil you know (and in this case enjoy)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.