Matt Anticole
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Eye-Level Entertainment's newest game, 'Flat Acting', will be available soon! In the weeks leading up to the release, we'll be sponsoring a Geek Gold contest to help folks get in the spirit of the game!

'Flat Acting' is a light family strategy game where players assume the roles of different movie genres competing to claim the best locations to get THEIR movie made! You accomplish this by moving 'actors' into different sets on the game boards. Different sets are worth different points and whomever controls the most points at the end of the game wins!

Each turn, you're asked to explain the scene that you create. Why is the sheriff with the musician in the alley? Who let the horse in the crypt? What does the priest want with the bag of money? Your answer can be a narration, a line of dialog, a bad pun, whatever!

This contest will test the BGG community to see who can come up with the best lines for scenes involving some of the actors from 'Flat Acting'! We'll post a picture and give the 'Geek community the opportunity to come up with their best lines for that scene. Post a response below. Also. read the responses and vote with 'thumbs' for your favorite! After a week, we'll close the voting and award 15 GG to the response with the most thumbs! (If there's a tie, we'll pick our favorite...)

This week's contest will run until 10:00 p.m. EST, Sunday August 9th. Submit your entries early to give yourself as much 'thumb-tential' as possible! Good luck!

This week's scene: The stylist and the hard-boiled detective in the spooky graveyard!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Less snark is my goal.
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Have you joined the 2017 Secret Cthanta yet?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HBD: Miss Jones, what makes you so certain that's not Mrs. Appleby?

MJ: I do her hair every week and there is no way that's her. She wouldn't be caught dead in a beehive hairdo

HBD: Uhm...

MJ: Shut up! You know what I mean. I don't know who is in the grave, but it's not Mrs. Appleby!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gregory duff
United States
Ft.Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"I have sheep shears for your wood....mmmwaaahaaahaa!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Tak
United States
Chapin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Detective: I don't have a reflection. You know what else doesn't have a reflection?! I am one of the chosen! I bring the embrace of the night! I am sustained by the blood of my enemies! I, Hard-Boiled Detective Man, am one of Cain's cursed children! I...AM...REBORN! I...AM...DRACULA!

*queue spooky vampire intro-music!*

Stylist (with sass): Honey with hair like that no reflection is a blessing, not a curse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celso Távora
Brazil
Cruzeiro Novo
DF
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MJ: Did you actually think you'd escape from your haircut by hiding in the cemetery? C'mon, I take the subway to and fro work every day, nothing frightens me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hilko Drude
Germany
Goettingen
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What are you doing!? I don't even know you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Stylist: "We enforce a strict smoking ban in this graveyard, sir. Please hand me your cigar so I can cut it off."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Detective: "This case was different than most of my cases, see. Instead of the dame walking into my office, she asked me to meet her in the graveyard. Even worse, I wasnt sure she was really a dame, see. She might have been a diamond in the rough, but there was a lot of rough to see, see."

The Detective realised the only way he was going to get to the bottom of all this was to set his assistant to work on the manual labour.

Detective: "Sam, Spade!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
South Africa
Cape Town
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Stylist: I know what you are. Look!
Hard Boiled Detective: I'm afraid it's true. I am...
The Stylist: Human, yes. You realise there is now no escaping? You must accept your fate.
Hard Boiled Detective: No! I won't give up. I won't let you win. (runs away)
The Stylist: Come back. I must cut your hair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Panethiere
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Detective: The APB was dead on, African American female with beehive hairdo, left handed and armed with scissors and a mirror. Distinguishing features...enormous cold sore on mouth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Martin
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dective (V.O.): When I stepped through the soupy fog, hanging thick like cigar smoke in my office on a hot summer day, and spied the auspicious beehive of Mrs. Dumont rising sinisterly over the tombstones, I realized I'd been played for a fool. All the pieces began to fall into place: corpses with comb overs, bodies with bouffants, pompadours paraded through paparrazzi-style funeral parlours from here to Poughkeepsie. I'd walked right into a setup, a trap. She looked my way and I knew I'd only have a moment to act. I'd need think fast if I wanted to keep my life... and my buzzcut.

Mrs. Dumont: I knew you'd come, Mr. Marlow.

Detective: That makes one of us, Mrs. Dumont.

Mrs. Dumont: Oh, my victims always keep their appointments. I know you won't be disappointed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cooper
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
Ask me how I got this badge early!
badge
Dexterity Games Guy for BGG.Con / GeekCoin # 318030
mbmbmbmbmb
Detective's Internal Monologue: "I think I should have paid Harry the Snitch more than $5 to give me the name of the new 'clip joint' in town. I have a feeling that if I *do* make it out of here alive, it's going to be a close shave."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Brown
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hard Boiled Detective: Well, sugar, I promised you a hair-raising experience.
Hair Stylist: I tend to have the opposite effect on men.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias R
Sweden
Stockholm
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
EyeLevel wrote:

This week's scene: The stylist and the hard-boiled detective in the spooky graveyard!

Detective & Stylist: "One! Two! Three!"
Stylist: "Scissors!"
Detective: "Rock! I win!"
Stylist: "Allright, take the stupid mirror already!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias D
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
mbmbmbmbmb
EyeLevel wrote:

EXT. A graveyard (spooky).

Hard-boiled detective (v/o):
The jury was in. The case was closed. This was the spot. Rain came down like piss after last call, but we'd neglected to adorn suitable clothing. Not that I had even an umbrella left after the divorce, bitch took everything. Bless her. Miss Smith was waving her scissors around like they were a checkered flag on a racing circuit. Why did she bring the mirror?

The stylist:
I said, are you even listening to me?

Broads. Always so concerned about their appearances. Always so self-centered.

The stylist:
Look, mister, earth to tough guy, take these frickin' blessed scissors and remember that them zombies can only be identified if watched through the mirror. Are you paying attention?

It was a shame we never figured out how to beat the zombies. Every clue lead to a dead-end, and every hint was a mirage, hiding an enigma or another puzzle. This could very well be my last stand. Jack Johnson, private eye, divorcee, father of two, man, lover, legend. Roll credits and cue the music.

The stylist:
Oh for f... I'll just do this myself then, right?

Broads. Always yapping about when they get nervous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Mueller
Germany
Schwerte
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now, if you can't get my hair to look like Bogart's, I swear I'll punch you so hard you will join the other members of your profession.. and just to get my point across: you are standing on one right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
"You will not take me, Mr. Detective. For I am the mistress of hairstylist armed combat. I wield a pair of translucent scissors, my grandmother's cerulean mirror, and the most painful bikini wax this side of the Mississippi River!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Qually
United States
Gettysburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Do you have to open graves to find girls to fall in love with, Detective? Well, while I don't approve, at least let me do something with that comb-over..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Anticole
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations to Senor Evil Monkey! With 15 thumbs as of Sunday evening, he wins the 15 GG! Coincidence? YOU DECIDE!

Lots of funny entries and we enjoyed reading them all. Hopefully you have a taste for the game and want to try again! This week's picture is posted here: www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/431256.

Plus, if you really like the concept, we encourage you to stop by our website (www.flatacting.com) and pre-order the game! All orders up the 29th have an opportunity to win some signed, original art from the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Tak
United States
Chapin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heeeeyyyy that was my gold! ;)

Congrats on your wonderfully winningest witty words!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.