Peter Sbirakos
Australia
Canberra, ACT
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick session report. Random draws didn't yield any of the new armies from the Babel 13 expansion.

I picked the Outpost (human), Darian had the Hegemony (Human) and Ian had the Borgo (cyborgs).

The setup of the HQs were at the edge of the boardspace roughly equally distant from each other. Note that we used the original boardspace for a 3 player game.

Some early battles picked off units with very little hits to the HQs. This was interesting in that the claustrophobia that so closely identifies this game was pretty much non existent at least until half way through the tile draws.

This resulted in some very 'open air' battles. For example, if a unit was placed directly threatening a HQ, then another tile would be placed threatening the threatening unit on the HQ and then a battle initiated. This dance of open warfare in offense, defense and counter offense was quite hilarious that simply did not yeild big hits on the HQs. It was more a war of attrition.

At this point in time, the scores were fairly close with Darian on 16, Ian on 14 and myself on 12.

It became evident that by the time the tile draws were a little more than half used up, obviously battle tiles were non existent and thats when the board began to fill up. The tactics on placing the tiles was crucial and both Darian and Ian used this to good effect.

Towards the end of the game, proved to be quite the nail biter with Darian playing exceedingly well, defending his HQ with a well placed netter, netting from two different angles and several other units completely covering his HQ. Ian as well used his blockers and long range fighters effectively. I copped a hammering and was in danger of being elliminated from the game.

At the end of the game Darian won on 14 pts, then Ian on 13pts and myself on 1 point. My medic attached to my HQ saved me an extra point that would have meant ellimination. The nail biter was on two fronts: the fact that both Darian and Ian were so close in points and who would win the game and the fact that "would I/wouldn't I" get elliminated from the game.

Nueroshima and the expansion Babel 13 has fast become my favourite.

Great fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.