Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The email I recieved:

Quote:
ArtsCow are making our name in this market by offering quality products for great value for money. This week's early bird promotion sees exactly that with our 3-in-1 special coupon code.

What we have available is a selection of products from our fun & games card range. Apart from standard playing cards offered in various shapes, we also have multi-purpose cards ideal for creating your own learning cards or perhaps turning into chic-looking invitations. From prices starting at only $3.99, you're sure to find something that floats your boat. All this with Free Shipping.

For more details, please click into the link below. http://www.artscow.com/diy/Card

Offer 1 - Playing cards single design (rectangular, round or heart-shaped): $3.99/each
Offer 2 - Playing cards 52+2 designs (rectangular, round or heart-shaped): $5.99/each
Offer 3 - Multi-purpose cards (rectangular, round or heart-shaped): $8.99/each

Coupon code: PLYCARDS399
Expires on: 08/31/2009

It says early bird. I don't know what effect that will have (limited number?). I searched google for the phrasing in this email, and got back a forum hit in a different forum by somebody else. So, the code should work for everyone since they mailed it to multiple people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Bullseye
United States
Brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It probably means that there are a limited number of uses for the coupon each day. They have had a number of coupons like this.

Keep in mind that the new day there starts at midnight Hong Kong time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
what is the difference between the 52+2 and multipurpose?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Kloth
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure 52+2 is the 54 custom card deck. It's a 52 card deck + 2 jokers. I'd just try and use the coupon and see if it works.

Multipurpose cards look like they're larger "flash card" type cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nic Chilton
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bagherra wrote:

The 52+2 (like the single design) have a single common card back, where as the multipurpose allows individual card back designs (i.e. you upload images for each card front and back) Great for games requiring different backs.

Quote:
Multipurpose cards look like they're larger "flash card" type cards

All their rectangular card decks are the same size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
nicch wrote:
Bagherra wrote:

The 52+2 (like the single design) have a single common card back, where as the multipurpose allows individual card back designs (i.e. you upload images for each card front and back) Great for games requiring different backs.

Quote:
Multipurpose cards look like they're larger "flash card" type cards

All their rectangular card decks are the same size.

The multipurpose cards let every card have a different front and back. Nice for doing decks, but you have to ensure that the graphic you use for the back, is the same on all the cards. (Same zoom lvl, etc)

The 52+2 regular has designs on the front, and one back, for all the different cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
And apparently I'm too late and should read threads instead of skimming them. Nic answered the question quite satisfactorily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carc >> BSG
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I forget - how often does this offer come around? I just came up with a killer idea that would rock with round cards, but I don't think I can get it to the point where it's ready within 4 days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Kloth
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ejcarter wrote:
I forget - how often does this offer come around? I just came up with a killer idea that would rock with round cards, but I don't think I can get it to the point where it's ready within 4 days.

They have a first come first serve coupon section: http://www.artscow.com/promote/fcfs.aspx

They pretty much always have some coupon somewhere for a deck of custom cards for $8 or less. I don't think you'd ever have to wait longer than a week or so at the most. There's always the new member coupon they have also.

Have they ever gone a full month without some coupon for cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kice
United States
Shorewood
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still - even without the coupon $15 for a deck of 54 custom cards printed front and back is amazing! Thanks for the link!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McThorn
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I've purchased several decks from Artscow and for the price you can't go wrong. The trick is to proof your work and take the time that it's set up right and the cards will come out the way you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Reading
Australia
SA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
For those who're still subscribed to this thread, I tried the 'expired' coupon code today and it still works!

Yay! More decks of cards for me. $5.99 and free shipping can't be beat.

Coupon code: PLYCARDS399
Expires on: 08/31/2009

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Callister
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
worked for me today (Sept. 29, 2009)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
and me today
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McThorn
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

You can also try www.thegamecrafter.com to get cards. Their interface (once you get the graphics the correct size) is WAY easier for multiples of the same card.

But Artscow is good too; purchased 7 deck from them so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno
Ireland
Galway
Galway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just registered... and discovered that i can't design cards without MS Silverlight. Thanks Artscow, thanks Microsoft. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haverty
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Silverlight plugin works quite nicely -- is there a reason you don't want to use it?

I also used the coupon last night and it still worked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno
Ireland
Galway
Galway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SiddGames wrote:
The Silverlight plugin works quite nicely -- is there a reason you don't want to use it?

There is: I'm running Linux, and all that's available is a semi-official crapware implementation not even provided by Microsoft.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haverty
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhh. I wonder if it will work okay using Wine? That's a lotta hoops to jump through for some cards, heh. But it's fun getting the finished product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody know if there's a more current code for cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner Griffin
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
ironcates wrote:
Anybody know if there's a more current code for cards?

Yes, just go to artscow.com and go to the special sales section. They run out of codes if people use them all in one day, but the codes start over at I think 12:00 Hong Kong time. They have this sale every day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I want to get 5 decks so 7.99 a piece puts it at 40 bucks. Now do I wait for the 5.99 deal to save 10 bucks? zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner Griffin
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I think they're not going to do that kind of deal for a while. The coupon code has been the same for the past 4 or 5 months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.