SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have one of those spinning fingers to choose the start player. We realised that we need a plan to show who the finger is pointing at, since it often ends up pointing at the wall or a big gap between players, cos of our seating arrangements.

So I need a drawing but I've tried this morning and it's craptastic. Would you accept a commission to try?

What I need is a series of concentric circles, nice and big and colourful. The inner circle is divided into three equal segments/pie slices, with a clear line to show each segment (meeting at the centre point) and each segment to be coloured, yellow, then blue then green. The next circle will have four segments, yellow blue red green. The next circle has 5 segments, yellow blue red green orange. And the final outer circle has 6 segments, yellow blue red green orange and lilac.

The idea is that the fickle finger of fate is placed on the centre point, spun, and comes to a stop pointing at a segment. Depending on the number of players, we know who is the start player without arguing.

The drawing needs to be within A4 size, but keeping a bit more compact would help. The inner circle must be at least 7cm in diameter. The next circle should be at least 1cm larger, that is 9cm+ in diameter and so on. If that fits.

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

And whenever you're done, please upload it to BGG, so I can "borrow" the drawing, too? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Empress
Japan
Nogata, Nakano-ku
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
amwiles wrote:

And whenever you're done, please upload it to BGG, so I can "borrow" the drawing, too? Thanks!

Amy, does a figure in your paper look like that?

devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Something like this?

Sorry for the thin black horizontal line in the second green segment. I don`t know how it gets there. It occurs only after exporting it as a jpg.

Edit: Changed with colours a bit different. I wanted to have the pattern with "no neighbours in the same colour" and messed up accidentally. This one is better.

If you download the picture in original size, it should have the right size.
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daniel, that's superb. Being super-picky, can you please make the black circles slightly thinner? They don't need to be that bold, the colours work really well.

Given that the finger will be in the middle, and extends only 3.5cm from its fulcrum, either the outer segment lines need extending into the first circle (as dotted lines). Or the centre circle needs reducing in. I was wrong to call 7cm at the start.

But if you don't wish to fiddle it around, it is absolutely fine as is.

Thank you very much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knock knock open up the door it's Riel
Netherlands
Tilburg
It's wurples all the way down.
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Happy Oak Leaf!
mbmbmbmbmb
late to the party again, huh?

ah well.

my MSPaint skillz, let me show you them:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
Daniel, that's superb. Being super-picky, can you please make the black circles slightly thinner? They don't need to be that bold, the colours work really well.

Given that the finger will be in the middle, and extends only 3.5cm from its fulcrum, either the outer segment lines need extending into the first circle (as dotted lines). Or the centre circle needs reducing in. I was wrong to call 7cm at the start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
duchamp wrote:
EYE of NiGHT wrote:

And we have a winner. Sorry purple, good try (I like the brightness), but Daniel has it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
And we have a winner. Sorry purple, good try (I like the brightness), but Daniel has it.

Thanks for the generous tip!!!
I gave some of the to "purple" - genrosity-chain-like ...

If you want to have it brighter, you can adjust the colours in any image program.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm free-basing midichloriens and the force is, like, an energy that connects and penetrates us all, man.
United States
Saint Ann
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Percentage of chart that looks like Pac-Man: 0%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knock knock open up the door it's Riel
Netherlands
Tilburg
It's wurples all the way down.
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Happy Oak Leaf!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the gold guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dreadpirate wrote:
Percentage of chart that looks like Pac-Man: 0%

I could need some more for the next contest Iwill run ...
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
THANKS TO Sol (yohanleafheart) !!!
I will spend it wisely for the next competition I am already thinking of - or two of them. I am rich now! blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey - can we have a picture of the final device in use in the "Miscellaneous game acessory" gallery, please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
duchamp wrote:

I feel hypnotized after reading this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edroz wrote:
I feel hypnotized after reading this thread.

Duchamp is everywhere!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.