5 Posts

Zombies!!! 6: Six Feet Under» Forums » General

Subject: Z5 or Z6??!! Which is better? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dom W
msg tools
Subject: Z5 or Z6??!! Which is better?
I am a avid fan of Zombies!!! and currently have the 2nd, 2rd and Humans!!! expansions/spinoffs. I am currently deciding which ex pack I should buy next. I have cut the list down to 2, either Z5 or Z6. I find both rules varients attractive (guts or subway? gaaah!) and need help deciding which is the better title and worthy of my zombies!!! obsession (and £12). Thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Breitenstein
United States
Campbell County
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Dom,
Which expansion you get depends on what you are looking for next in the game. Z!!!6 is cool because it tends to speed up play and keep everyone in the game until the end. Of course, Z!!!5 has the very cool guts tokens. Which, come to think of it, tends to speed up the game as well.
Cheers,
Todd
Twilight Creations, Inc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will recommend getting both. Yeah I know its not the answer you're looking for, but I feel that both of them really make the base game more fun.

It really depends on what you're looking for. Do you want to be able to have more or less event cards in your hand? If so go with Zombies!!! 5. If you want to be able to move about the city a little quicker pick up the sewer infested Zombies!!! 6. I personally bought Zombies!!! 5 first because I like the campus theme and the guts variant really appealed to me.

Also if you haven't already picked up the card only expansion (Z3.5) then I recommend that as your first purchase. That little deck of cards is amazing and makes the base game even better.

~ Bones

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Pritchett
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have 5 yet but will pick it up at some point. Z6 I use all the time. First time I found the town way to big, so I removed the non-building straight roads from the town and maybe some 3-way roads. From 6 I used the liqour stores and subways. I don't use the banks or record stores. So basicly I keep my town the same size as the original just with the useful buildings from 6 and taking out the straight roads. I find this actually decreases the time it takes to play. I find the sewers and sub ways from 6 to be a useful addition. On top of this I toss in an expansion. The subways if positioned right allows me to zoom across town quicker to get to the expansion or move around town quicker. One of the things that I didn't like is item cards that can only be played in a building. The subways help this to an extent. The other thing I did before getting six and still do is to add a Search ability house rule. Mine I took out all building related card items and place them in a separate search deck. When you are in a building on your turn you get to search the deck for a card that is related to that building or store. You only get to do this if you have not played a card this turn, once you pull the item out of the search deck you must play it, and that is your card played. This gives these cards more use otherwise they are constatly being discarded. But if you did not want to use a house rule then 6 will give those items more use being able to use the subway to get to the building quicker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Stewart
United States
LOS ANGELES
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not get both? They are like 10 bucks each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.