Recommend
10 
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG General

Subject: Have you also received this in your mailbox? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nevin Ball
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I received this message from a new user that is lists New York as home but has a UK email address. I assume this is spam so I would like to know if anyone else has received it and bring it to the admins attention. Here is the message:

Quote:
Subject: Hello.
Hello.

it gives me a great happiness to write you after viewing your profile.which really interest me to have talk with you, because you are such a nice man i needed in my life; if you will get the same mind with me.so that we can get to know each other and see what will happened in future.i will be very happy if you can write me with my email address ( tina_sunny577@yahoo.co.uk )please write to my email address.ok.i will be waiting to hear from you in my box...tina_sunny577@yahoo.co.uk

God bless you
from tina

tina_sunny577@yahoo.co.uk

3 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks legit. Go for it!
37 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Nelson
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Looks legit. Go for it!


haha, I got 2 emails exactly like it, it must have emailed everyone on BGG! =)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I must not be such a nice man. I didn't get it. cry
18 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb

    Yeah, but is she a hot mama?

             Sag.


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeny Reznikov
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Sounds like she's more into Warhammer 40,000.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan beaumont
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Junked males?
Nevin wrote:
I received this message ......
Quote:
Subject: Hello.
Hello.
it gives me a great happiness to write you after viewing your profile.which really interest me to have talk with you, because you are such a nice man i needed in my life; if you will get the same mind with me.so that we can get to know each other and see what will happened in future.i will be very happy if you can write me with my email address ( tina_sunny577@yahoo.co.uk )please write to my email address.ok.i will be waiting to hear from you in my box...tina_sunny577@yahoo.co.uk

God bless you
from tina

tina_sunny577@yahoo.co.uk

Hmmm, your profile makes clear you are married and there is your daughter in your avatar, so she is either optimistic, or hoping to clean you out if you are daft enough to be indiscreet. Wonder if other married men have been targeted?
Stick to people trying to smuggle millions out of Nigeria, it's safer.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corin A. Friesen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nevin wrote:
I received this message from a new user that is lists New York as home but has a UK email address. I assume this is spam so I would like to know if anyone else has received it and bring it to the admins attention. Here is the message:

Quote:
Subject: Hello.
Hello.

it gives me a great happiness to write you after viewing your profile.which really interest me to have talk with you, because you are such a nice man i needed in my life; if you will get the same mind with me.so that we can get to know each other and see what will happened in future.i will be very happy if you can write me with my email address ( tina_sunny577@yahoo.co.uk )please write to my email address.ok.i will be waiting to hear from you in my box...tina_sunny577@yahoo.co.uk

God bless you
from tina

tina_sunny577@yahoo.co.uk



It's a con scheme.

I found it several other places on the internet. DO NOT RESPOND, or else you will wind up on so many mailing lists you will go crazy.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ove Hillep
Estonia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe she's just desperate and decided to try her luck with geeks. Can't go much worse shake
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The poor grammar and punctuation should be enough to tip off anyone that this is not a native English speaker.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
i will be waiting to hear from you in my box.

This line alone should sell it. Go for it man!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corin A. Friesen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadowen wrote:
The poor grammar and punctuation should be enough to tip off anyone that this is not a native English speaker.

Con games do that on purpose.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Bailey Sr.
United States
Jonesborough
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ambrose wrote:
Shadowen wrote:
The poor grammar and punctuation should be enough to tip off anyone that this is not a native English speaker.

Con games do that on purpose.



Yeah Bobby Warren sits at home in his underwear and writes these.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linda Baldwin
United States
White Plains
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
And don't feel too flattered; she targeted me too, so she apparently swings both ways. laugh
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Perry
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
azuredarkness wrote:
Sounds like she's more into Warhammer 40,000.


My guess would be she's less into the Warhammer part, but definitely into the 40,000 part (dollars, euro, shekels, who cares, just send it).
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Todd
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadowen wrote:
The poor grammar and punctuation should be enough to tip off anyone that this is not a native English speaker.


Have you ever been to the internet? Poor grammer and punctuation is nearly a prerequisite.

Or was I missing sarcasm? I've almost gotten to depend on winking smileys to recognize irony.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
greyareabeyond wrote:
Poor grammer and punctuation is nearly a prerequisite.


And spelling!

2 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Todd
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadowen wrote:
greyareabeyond wrote:
Poor grammer and punctuation is nearly a prerequisite.


And spelling!



Thet to. Clearly I'm qualified.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hoffman
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nevin, you might want to be careful. Tina appears to be a two-timing tramp:

http://www.google.com/search?q=tina_sunny577@yahoo.co.uk&rls...:en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1

Err...make that a 200-timing tramp...


[I just spent an hour mass deleting the most recent bot-spam on another site where I administer some forums. 400 posts in under an hour. What a titanic pain in the ass...]
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.