Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Faust
United States
Malverne
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking at Dominion: Intrigue and Aquaretto here--both of these games are expansions to other games, but can also be played on their own. There are probably other games like this, but I don't know of them offhand.

In any case, one of them (Intrigue) shows up as an expansion in the collection manager/play log, the other (Aquaretto) shows up as a base game. Does anyone see the logic behind this? For the record, both games are considered to be "base games" for the purpose of having a BGG Rank.

(Also, there's no mechanism to indicate whether I played these as an expansion or as a base game in the play log, but that's probably a conversation for another day.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Case
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phrim wrote:
I'm looking at Dominion: Intrigue and Aquaretto here--both of these games are expansions to other games, but can also be played on their own. There are probably other games like this, but I don't know of them offhand.

In any case, one of them (Intrigue) shows up as an expansion in the collection manager/play log, the other (Aquaretto) shows up as a base game. Does anyone see the logic behind this? For the record, both games are considered to be "base games" for the purpose of having a BGG Rank.

(Also, there's no mechanism to indicate whether I played these as an expansion or as a base game in the play log, but that's probably a conversation for another day.)

My 10 year old son had "Apples to Apples" for his example. I couldn't think of anything

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh P.
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Early American Chrononauts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh P.
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got another one: The Red Dragon Inn 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beer Money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aquaretto shows up as a standalone game simply because of an error. When they first developed the expansion system, a bunch of over-enthusiastic folks entered everything backwards: instead of going to a game, and entering all it's expansions, they went to the expansions, and entered the base game.

Result: Zooloretto is listed as an expansion of Aquaretto, instead of the other way around.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/34194#linkeditems

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Knightmare Chess 2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.