Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon G
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife gets credit for this one, but I post more than she does.

When you build a link, you slap down your train cards face up on the discard pile. The top card had better be correct. They might be the right cards, or they might not. Anyone else can call BS. If they do, and you played a legal set of of cards, you get to draw two train cards randomly from their hand. If you get caught not playing a legal set, you lose your turn AND the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
elementary
msg tools
Could be fun, but TTR just doesn't seem have enough information available to be a viable platform for a bluffing mechanic.

Well, now that I think about it.. I guess you do see most of the train cards your opponents pick up. But it sure would be a chore in memorization. Seems that would increase the incentive for blind draws over the open cards.

I think I'd stick to Liar's Dice when I feel like bluffing.. or poker if I have some money I need to get rid of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Thompson
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
designer
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YESH
mbmbmbmbmb
Yah, we play this version sometimes, but we don't slap on top of the discard pile, but rather next to it, wait for challenges, and then proceed.

We don't slap on the discard because there's a little extra room for abuse there. If the top card of discard is red I can drop 3 red on that and pretend it's my 4 red; it's up to the group to remember what was there beforehand which is unreliable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon G
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
elementary wrote:
Well, now that I think about it.. I guess you do see most of the train cards your opponents pick up. But it sure would be a chore in memorization. Seems that would increase the incentive for blind draws over the open cards.

Actually, this might make it a better variant for TTR Marklin, since you normally draw a lot more face-up in Marklin. Normally, I find the $%*&@ passenger cards penalize face-down draws.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.