Time's Up!» Forums » General

Subject: A free version of Time's Up rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Penny Dennhardt
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was considering buying Time's Up, but then realized I already play a similar game.

If you want to play a similar party game, but don't want to spend the money:

- Pair up at the party, sitting in a circle with partners across from each other.
- Every person needs a small sheet of paper and a writing utensil.
- Have each person write down a list of five words or phrases or famous people (you can be very general, or have everyone write words within a theme, i.e., famous people).
- Fold the lists and place them in a container.
- On your turn you have one minute to "complete" a list or more. To complete the list, you must get your partner to guess each word or phrase in order twice - the first time you can talk, the second time you can't (only motions allowed).
- If you complete this all in your minute, you keep the list, if not, you put it back in. A good memory helps because if another pair went all the way through a list, but didn't win it, you may be able to breeze through it and win multiple lists in the same turn. Or if your partner draws your list, you may just be able to ramble off the words in order without your partner's help.
- At the end, the team with the most lists wins. If you're playing with a smaller group, or want to make the game last longer, have each player make 2 lists.

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chearns
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played Celebrities and had a blast. I have no idea why anyone would pay to play this game when you can play for free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G.
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Because when you play Celebrities with friends you always get the same dozen or so celebrities. How long until you have short-hand for Paris Hilton, Angelina Jolie and Jay Leno?

The creators of Time's Up always have given proper respect to Celebrities, and acknowledged that they were selling cards, not a design.

I've yet to meet a gamer who has played both that has said that Celebrities is better, or that Time's Up isn't worth the money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.