Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Norton
United States
Seymour
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Went over the rules last night but I have a few questions before playing it tonight with a bunch of newbies. Using base game.

These may be covered by the manual but it is at home and I can't find a pdf of the manual anywhere(I did look).

I am allowed to lay 3 pieces of track if I remember correctly in the build phase(4 with engineer). Can this make more than one link? Or once I complete a link am I done?

Thanks,

Bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skrebs
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bnorton916 wrote:

I am allowed to lay 3 pieces of track if I remember correctly in the build phase(4 with engineer). Can this make more than one link?

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
In Steam and Age of Steam you can build, as I usually describe it to new players, "willy-nilly"; meaning your 3 pieces of track can be placed as you like.

In Railroad Tycoon, once you complete a link you're done building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Norton
United States
Seymour
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
In Steam and Age of Steam you can build, as I usually describe it to new players, "willy-nilly"; meaning your 3 pieces of track can be placed as you like.

In Railroad Tycoon, once you complete a link you're done building.

Ok, thanks. I suspected that but it was a new concept.

Also, I could place these links anywhere. They wouldn't have to all be contiguous.

Bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Yeager
United States
Ypsilanti
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So long as each piece has a path that can be traced back to a city (with towns in-between, or not), you may build non-contiguous pieces!

Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
bnorton916 wrote:

Also, I could place these links anywhere. They wouldn't have to all be contiguous.

Edit: Alex beat me to it, but I can add this:

Just ensure that if you have incomplete links that you extend them by at least one tile on your turn else your marker is removed from the incomplete link at the end of your turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Norton
United States
Seymour
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright thanks, That should be enough to get started tonight. I am sure I will mess things up.

Bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jim b
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
Quote:
I am sure I will mess things up.

That's right you will - you miserable shadow of a man, you!!

Your mother was a hamster, your father smelled of elderberry - and your sister's so ugly, we had to tie a steak round her neck so the dogs would play with her!

'Enough to get started', indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Norton
United States
Seymour
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jimb wrote:
Quote:
I am sure I will mess things up.

That's right you will - you miserable shadow of a man, you!!

Your mother was a hamster, your father smelled of elderberry - and your sister's so ugly, we had to tie a steak round her neck so the dogs would play with her!

'Enough to get started', indeed.

hmmpff and I get dinged for breaking BGG rules!

You insulted my father! Where are the moderators! Anyway he smelled more like sour cherries to be honest.

Bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.