Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris L
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I finally participated in my 1st math trade and I'm thinking I used a "bad" shipping method.

What's the de facto standard for shipping trades? USPS Priority, UPS Ground, FedEx Ground, or FedEx 2-Day...or something else.

I chose FedEx Ground because it was a couple of dollars cheaper and the game was worth less than $20 but the person who shipped to me used USPS Priority.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
doesn't matter what shipper you use as long as the game gets there in a timely manner and is well packed. FedEx is arguably just as good or better than any other shipper.

People generally use whichever one is either cheaper or more convenient (and if you're lucky, both!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Culp
United States
Gillette
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fedex ground is fine. a working tracking number is great for peace of mind.

Parcel Post is one that is sometimes frowned upon, as it can take longer. I usually do Fedex Ground for larger packages (because of the price) but it's usually nearly as fast as USPS priority

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dean
United States
Athens
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Amish Tech Support
mbmbmbmbmb
I often use USPS flat rate shipping because labels and postage can be printed online. And its relatively fast. But there is no tracking.

UPS is okay. Never, repeat NEVER use UPS to Canada. They charge the recipient extra fees without telling the shipper.

Use whatever shipper is easy for you unless the recipient has a strong preference.

Also - YOU are responsible for packing and protecting the game. There are some excellent geeklists on how to do this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always use the post office for shipping. I have it in my head that it's cheaper than UPS or Fedex. That may be because I don't know where to ship Fedex locally, and the one time I did ship UPS it was REALLY expensive (granted, I was shipping War of the Ring.)

Anyhow, I have yet to have any issues with USPS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.