Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
these are my overtexts and
badge
now I am without geek gold :(
mbmbmbmbmb
On table 5.5 the note says +1 attack for george
what does this mean and where is it applied? If it is applied to the fighter offensive table why isnt it listed as a adition like the tojo? is a deduction

what is the fighter modifier for zone 6 iwo jima for missions 1-14

I am flying out of formation low alt in zone 1 (about to land) I roll bad weather. on the bad weather table (4-3) I roll a 6. I refer to note 5 and it says regarless of formation status I see the note below.. this note says I have to avoid collsiion in bad weather (with what??) I then rolled a 12 so I have a mid air collision and must bail out
is this correct?? or did I do something wrong here. If it is correct I dont know what I hit but it was mean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wakeham
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ramkitty wrote:
On table 5.5 the note says +1 attack for george
what does this mean and where is it applied?

Table 5-5 is used to determine how skilled the Japanese pilot is. The design notes on p 11 of the roles state that George's were "arguably the finest Japanese fighter design of the war". The +1 modifier is to reflect this and make it more likely that the pilot will be an Ace.

ramkitty wrote:
If it is applied to the fighter offensive table why isnt it listed as a adition like the tojo? is a deduction

Having determined how skillful the pilot is on table 5-5 (and after rolling for defensive fire from the B-29 - note that table 5-5 is rolled AFTER table 5-6 according to the errata) you'll then use the status of the pilot to determine modifiers on table 5-9. If he's an Ace then you'll add +1 on this table making it more likely that he'll hit you. It's not automatically added on table 5-9 as the pilot may not be an Ace. By contrast there is a deduction of 1 for the Tojo on the table 5-9 because despite a pilot being an Ace the Tojo (again according to the design notes) was "disliked by pilots for poor visibility and weak armament". The modifier reflects the design of the aircraft.

ramkitty wrote:

I presume you mean on table 5-1. Refer to table 2-9 and you'll see that it's -2.

ramkitty wrote:
I am flying out of formation low alt in zone 1 (about to land) I roll bad weather. on the bad weather table (4-3) I roll a 6. I refer to note 5 and it says regarless of formation status I see the note below.. this note says I have to avoid collsiion in bad weather (with what??) I then rolled a 12 so I have a mid air collision and must bail out
is this correct?? or did I do something wrong here. If it is correct I dont know what I hit but it was mean.

Unlucky rolls: an 11 or 12 on table 4-2 and then a 5 on table 4-3. Although you won't be in formation in zone 1 there will still be a stream of bombers heading back to base. The note on table 4-3 is, I guess, reflecting the fact that the bad weather has made it more difficult for the pilots to judge distances and speed between aircraft. If you had been in formation (i.e. much closer together) the +3 modifier makes it more likely that there'll be a collision. Rolling a 12 will have given a "possible collision". But note that you have to roll AGAIN to see if the collision is definite. Only if you rolled another 12 would there be a collision. Very unlucky if you rolled two 12s.

I hope your crew survive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dustin boggs
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
these are my overtexts and
badge
now I am without geek gold :(
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks me too... first mission also

I missed the roll for possible collision then roll for results.
I will go and resolve that now. I have resolved for both situations so I will go and see what I roll for my colision test. I already know what happens with my storm damage and landing attempt.. I will update by a session report

thanks for the responces by the way.

I missed the player note refering to pilot abilities

I thought that Iwo was going to be a -2, I just was not sure since it was listed as a destination on its own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Latall
United States
Whittier
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ramkitty wrote:

This should read 1-10, not 1-14, correct? Or am I mission (missing :O) something?

Thanks,
Ken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.