4 Posts

H.E.A.D.s & T.A.I.L.s: Wired 4 War» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules clarifications needed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rudolf Aligierski
Poland
flag msg tools
I got two questions about the rules. I've read both - the rules PDF, and the forum posts in the "4-tile contest", but could not find the answer. I tried to contact the author, but seeing as he hasn't logged in on BGG since June, my GeekMail probably didn't reach him. Maybe Andrew will be able to help, as he is the second known owner of this little game.

How does "rewiring" work? Is it taking all the wire tiles of the wire-board and then re-arranging it, or moving only one wire-tile? Rules suggest that it's the first option, but then rule examples don't make sense.
Quote:
Re-wiring the Program Board is very simple. There are three different wires: H.E.A.D.s (red), T.A.I.L.s (blue), and Neutral (black and white). These wires are used to assist robots in receiving ATK, DEF, RNG, and SPD bonuses.
Quote:
Players will be moving, arranging, and positioning the three wires to give robots different bonus stats
Quote:
Example: a player can operate a robot, re-wire, then operate again. Or re-wire, re-wire, operate. Operate, operate, operate, etc. You get the idea.
Second example (re-wire, re-wire, operate) does not make sense compared to given quotes from the rules, as it just "uses up" the precious move, taking no real effect for the game, as only one unit operates, and after that move it's opponent's turn. So - is "rewiring" the complete re-arrangement of the wire-tiles, or is it moving only one wire-tile?

Rules refer to "base stats of the units" in couple of places in the rules, but never mention what are the "base stats".
Quote:
For a unit to shoot, look at the program board for RNG bonuses for that model. Add all RNG bonuses to that model’s base RNG. This unit can fire at a single enemy unit within range and within line of sight.
Quote:
If line of sight can be drawn, then combat is resolved next. To resolve combat, look at the program board to see if there are any ATK bonuses for that model of robot. Add all ATK bonuses to that model’s base ATK. Next, look at the program board again, this time looking for DEF bonuses for the target unit’s model type. Add all DEF bonuses to that model’s base DEF. Next consult the CRT (at the end of these rules) and compare the attacking unit’s ATK (first number) to the defending unit’s DEF (second number). Finally, roll a 6-sided die. Find the row on the CRT that corresponds to the number rolled on the die.

The question is - what are the base stats of the robots.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. A complete rewiring is probably the answer. However, one idea might be to pick one tile, and move and rotate it to the open spot as desired.

2. No idea. I think the designer just forgot to add them. You could make up your own stats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudolf Aligierski
Poland
flag msg tools
I got GeekMail from designer. I'll post answers here:
1. Re-wiring is picking up one tile and either rotating it or flipping it to it's other side and rotating it. That counts as one re-wire. You can re-wire twice in a turn if you like, but that isn't always logical.

2. H.E.A.D.s have 2 ATK, 2 DEF, 1 RNG, 1 SPD and T.A.I.L.s have 1 ATK, 1 DEF, 2 RNG, and 2 SPD base stats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
August Larson
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Rudolf for posting my response on the forums! I can't believe I forgot to put the robots' base stats in the rules!

I was away for two years with very little computer access and I also didn't have access to my rules pdf until now. I will update the rulebook as soon as I can. Thank you again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.