Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
A number of the status cards say that you can get rid of them by giving a wealth level to another player. How do you do this? I couldn't find the answer in the results and was ready to make something up (like giving a treasure of wealth value 1 (or more) to the player).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rcmoore4 wrote:
A number of the status cards say that you can get rid of them by giving a wealth level to another player. How do you do this? I couldn't find the answer in the results and was ready to make something up (like giving a treasure of wealth value 1 (or more) to the player).

I belive it means on the wealth track on the board, you move the giver's marker down one space and the receipiant's marker on the track up one space.

The wealth track is the thing on the board that tells you how many spaces you can move on Land/Sea, etc.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/43583
Wealth track is shown on pg 6 & 7 of the rulebook

I would think that if you lost the fabulously weathy status (which comes from being princely wealthy and having a treasure and gaining 1 more wealth from any wealth gain), then you could just regain it if you still had the treasure whenever you had another wealth gain.

If the player was on the lowest spot on the wealth track they wouldn't have the money to pay someone to get rid of the status.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
True, but this brings up a FAQ question:

In the 2nd edition, it was:
* You get rid of the status by giving a wealth level to another player (if you are not at the lowest wealth):
- You go down a wealth level
- The other person only gains a wealth level if they are LOWER than your previous wealth.

In other words, if a beggar gives a penny to a rich man, the beggar still loses the status, but the rich man does not move up a wealth level.

The question is, is this still true in the Z-Man games edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Solamar wrote:
True, but this brings up a FAQ question:

In the 2nd edition, it was:
* You get rid of the status by giving a wealth level to another player (if you are not at the lowest wealth):
- You go down a wealth level
- The other person only gains a wealth level if they are LOWER than your previous wealth.

In other words, if a beggar gives a penny to a rich man, the beggar still loses the status, but the rich man does not move up a wealth level.

The question is, is this still true in the Z-Man games edition?

My GUESS would be the receiver still gains a wealth level, because I would expect such exceptions to be listed on the status card where it says to give away a wealth level. Like in the tales book it gives a wealth game.

But you are right, the wealth giving seem like a procedure that should be clarified by the FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I had a similar question about enslavement. You lose enslavement by 'gaining' a wealth level, but then choosing not to gain it. What happens if you become enslaved while having princely or fabulous wealth?

Can you not lose enslavement because regardless of the Wealth reward from an encounter, you can't increase your wealth level (since it's beyond the reward at that point) so you can't give up something you weren't getting anyway to lose enslavement? Or is it because the card says ignore wealth before this point that you can lose enslavement regardless of how much wealth is gained because you're ignoring your previous wealth?

In that case, are you still using your movement rate from before you're enslaved? Are you allowed to spend/give wealth levels to remove statuses like diseased? Can you lose wealth levels in encounters? If you gain multiple wealth levels at the same time while enslaved, do you lose them all or do you only reduce it by one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EvilAmarant7x wrote:
Can you not lose enslavement because regardless of the Wealth reward from an encounter, you can't increase your wealth level (since it's beyond the reward at that point) so you can't give up something you weren't getting anyway to lose enslavement? Or is it because the card says ignore wealth before this point that you can lose enslavement regardless of how much wealth is gained because you're ignoring your previous wealth?

In that case, are you still using your movement rate from before you're enslaved? Are you allowed to spend/give wealth levels to remove statuses like diseased? Can you lose wealth levels in encounters? If you gain multiple wealth levels at the same time while enslaved, do you lose them all or do you only reduce it by one?

Ok, lets see if I can help:

1. We played it that even if you cannot accept the Wealth level gain, you may still sacrifice it to remove enslaved. On a side note, with other statuses you give the Wealth to another player (see #4 below) for using their skill. For Enslaved, the current "Master" does not gain the wealth level which may be an indicator on why it doesn't matter if you could use it or not -- just the act of having one given to you might be enough to allow you to break the status.

I don't see where it says to ignore previous wealth (only that previous wealth gains you have received cannot be expended to satisfy to removal requirements).

2. You use the movement level based on whatever your current wealth level is. Since you can choose not to remove the status when you gain Wealth, you level may go up and down over the course of being Enslaved.

3. There are encounters which will cause you to lose a wealth level.

4. You may spend 1W to remove disease if you're in the same space as another player who has the Scholarship skill. This is similar for Wounded (1W & Scholarship) and Beast Form (1W and Magic). However, you may never voluntarily spend a Wealth level if you are a Beggar, so you would need to be at least penniless to remove one of these statuses.

5. If you gain multiple levels, the way we played it is that you sacrifice only one of those levels, and you keep the other providing you can normally accept it.

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.