Lock 'n Load Tactical: Day of Heroes» Forums » General

Subject: Number of Counters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game doesn't seem to have enough counters to play the game.

1 Shaken/Abandoned
4 Ops Complete/Spotted
3 Wounds
4 Melee
5 Assault Move/Low Crawl
16 Fired/Moved

When I played The Alamo I didn't have enough Ops Complete/Spotted and Shaken markers. Every time a Somali Squad receives casualties it is replaced with a Shaken HS but there is only 1 Shaken marker for all the Somali squads that receive casualties.
Also with Ops Complete once the 4 Ops Complete markers are used up you can't mark the other units that attempt to spot/place smoke.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Dennis
United States
Covington
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You've got something wrong. When a Somali gets a shaken result they are treated like a casualty result (see 13.1.5). The Shaken/Abandoned marker is for marking vehicles.

The Ops Complete thing may be because when units are stacked you don't have to use a marker for each one, just move them below a single Ops Complete marker in the stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking at the Player's Reference for casualties and it stats
"replace a squad with a shaken HS. Flip Somali Squads to their HS side..."
When the say replace squad with a shaken HS are they referring to the American units or Somali units?
Also, don't you need more than 4 Spotted or Ops Complete markers? Unless all your units are stacked it may be ok but many times they are not. Ever time a unit attempts to spot and fails it's marked as Ops Complete or when a unit is Spotted it requires a Spotted marker. Most times I have way more than 4 stacks and many times I have individual units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Dennis
United States
Covington
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grahamj wrote:
When the say replace squad with a shaken HS are they referring to the American units or Somali units?

Somalis have special rules concerning combat results in the rulebook section 13.1.5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I guess the only thing remaining is more Spotting markers, unless you stack all your units into groups and are lucky with the spotting attempts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Dennis
United States
Covington
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grahamj wrote:
So I guess the only thing remaining is more Spotting markers, unless you stack all your units into groups and are lucky with the spotting attempts.

Remember that a unit that is marked Fired or Moved is automatically spotted, thus you don't need to make spotting attempts on them and you don't need to mark them with separate Spotted markers since the Moved and Fired markers imply that they are visible to any enemy with line of sight.

Not sure if this is causing you to have more spotting attempts or not, but generally I don't make many spotting attempts. Usually I'll wait until the enemy moves or fires first. When I do need to spot it is usually only my leaders making the attempts since a failed spotting attempt from a leader doesn't "waste" any potential firepower for a later impulse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Lewis
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DoH does have a tight counter mix for Admin counters.

Tip: if you have units in adjacent squares that have both Fired (or Moved), overlap one Fired marker; it makes for less clutter too. I do it even when I have an excess of Admin counters, and it in no way challenges or detracts from the integrity of the game system.

-Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.