Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
The Wonder Computer of the 1980s
badge
But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to the "Geekbuddy Analysis" feature and Michael Barnes' game comment, I was able to purchase this new for $24.95 from the Intergalactic Trading Company (http://www.intergalactictrading.com/product.cfm?pid=STGA1100...). As far as I can tell, they still have copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great game.

Imagine a paragraph system, like Tales of the Arabian Nights. Then modify it to crank up the player interaction, and set it in the Star Trek universe. Let one player control Federation starships, and let the other control the Klingons.

You need this game, people. I'm amazed that it's available, but there's no way that can last now that the word is out. Prepare to beam a copy up NOW, or regret it tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duffy
United States
Phoenixville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Mr Worf.....Fire!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha! I did exactly the same thing last week and bought a copy from Intergalactic thanks to Michael's comment! Great minds...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK Sphere, I've never heard of this game before, or even been interested in it. but I've ordered a copy. It'd better be good...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Windopaene wrote:
OK Sphere, I've never heard of this game before, or even been interested in it. but I've ordered a copy. It'd better be good...

You listened to me? The man must be mad.

Seriously, I hope you like it. Let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin N
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah- I got a copy of it last year, and a friend and I kicked it around. It's like TotAN, but with an actual game bolted on. Great fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
Windopaene wrote:

You listened to me? The man must be mad.

Seriously, I hope you like it. Let me know.

Well, you were right about BaM...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franco
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I also bought this game a couple of years ago from Intergalactic. It's an excellent game for the Star Trek geek in all of us!?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam*it, I sang this game's praises when it wasn't cool! An' I got nuthin'! cry wow laugh

* Edit: Thanks for the Gold, loquitur, but I was just kidding! Happy returns!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
And I bought one too! Thanks to the popularity of Tales of the Arabian Nights I bet they'll sell out all their copies.

If you guys would rather buy it on eBay, Intergalactic has a store there too. I bought it there since it saved me having to setup an Intergalactic website account and could use Paypal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franco
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm too lazy to check again, and I could be remembering wrong, but I think there was a big difference in shipping between their eBay listing and their online store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bought one. I too went the eBay route.

Question-- This being an exploration game, how big is the adventure book? Or in other words, how many games can you get out of this before the exploration part gets stale?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
loquitur wrote:
I'm too lazy to check again, and I could be remembering wrong, but I think there was a big difference in shipping between their eBay listing and their online store.

It's $3 ($5 on their site, $8 via Ebay).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franco
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
darksurtur wrote:
loquitur wrote:

It's $3 ($5 on their site, $8 via Ebay).

And to Canada, multiply those numbers by something like 4 (+/- 2) ... from a vague memory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BoB3K wrote:
Bought one. I too went the eBay route.

Question-- This being an exploration game, how big is the adventure book? Or in other words, how many games can you get out of this before the exploration part gets stale?

The paragraph book is 60 pages, but, unlike in TotAN, you've got other things going on. For example, you've got ships moving around exploring planets, and you've got rules for dilithium crystals affecting the movement, and characters with special abilities you assign to the ships.

You can beam those characters down to planets, and their skills will affect paragraph encounters. Plus you've got the political game and Klingon agents. So the paragraph game is key, but it isn't the whole story. It hangs together well, and the rulebook is only 8 pages so not too complex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam D.
United States
Suquamish
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Went to enter my credit card info and the site is not set to use SSL. That may not matter to you as it's a pretty low possibility of somebody sniffing, but it makes a difference to me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheCollector wrote:
Went to enter my credit card info and the site is not set to use SSL. That may not matter to you as it's a pretty low possibility of somebody sniffing, but it makes a difference to me

It mattered to me. The first time I tried to check it the page was not secure. For some reason, logging out and back in (unfortunately, the create an account page was not secure) and checking out took me a secure page. They advertise secure connections, so I think it may have something to do with the link process after account creation - I assume you created an account just to purchase this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam D.
United States
Suquamish
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah. Looks like they don't have all their bases covered...

edit: Re-logged in and now: success!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
The Wonder Computer of the 1980s
badge
But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty
mbmbmbmbmb
The retailer's head is probably spinning. "I've been sitting on this stock for 24 years, and now I sell 'em all in one night??" laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hint:

The player more familiar with the original series episodes should play the Klingon Empire; the other player, the Federation.

The tales are taken right from the original series episodes and the more familiar you are with them, and what was done to resolve the crises, the more likely you are to be successful (as the Federation).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the tip! Bought one myself!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carc >> BSG
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I shall Resist!

I shall NOT be assimilated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
Website has them listed at $29.95 now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Brychel
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok just bought one!!! Love ToAN so if this is half as good it will be worth it.... Love Star Trek Too. WOOT!!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Wilton
CT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently bought TotAN and found it a little lacking. So, needless to say, I'm intrigued. What're they charging for shipping? Oh, and how are the production values?

Edited for spelling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.