Popular Tags: [View All]
eric knox
Canada
Woodstock-1h from capital of NB
New brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I played my first game and I just had to make some comments.

I really enjoyed building the game. I went all out making the best components I could and I couldn't wait to try it. I used the basic rules and a few of the advanced rules like encounters and planet colonization cards.

I am happy to report that it plays well, very well in fact. I can't believe it's free! For comparison purpose I enjoyed it much more than Arkham Horror and a little less than Warhammer Quest-I gave it a 9. Only Dungeons and Dragons, old school before they took the role playing out, gets a higher score of 10. I gave it a 9 even though my wife (non gamer) thought it was slow to build up and really did not enjoy it.

So what did I like about it. Well I really enjoyed the random tile laying. It gave a wonderful sense of exploration and the encounter cards threw in many twists and things to deal with. I also liked building lots of ships and sending them out. I found that it took very little time to amass a large army. The fighting rules were easy and basically all the rules made sense and were quite stream lined-much less convoluted than twilight imperium.

I think this game would play best with 3 or 4. Anybody with an interest in space or 4x games should check this one out.

Excellent game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Feel free to post pictures of your copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.