Hide
4 Posts

Agricola» Forums » Rules

Subject: Simultaneous Payment and Receipt of Goods rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chen Goh
msg tools
I was thinking of searching older threads on my query but was not sure what to type in ,but here goes

1)Say I play the Plowman (Add 4,7,10 to the current round, put a field on the round, at the start of round pay 1f to plow a field) in Round 4 , and have fields on rounds 8, 11, and 14. Subsequently , I buy the Well at Round 7 and have food at the start of the next 5 rounds. Assuming I have no food after the Harvest at round 7, can I use the food I get from the Well the pay for Plowman's field at Round 8?

2)Is it possible to play the lasso and immediately take animals with your 2nd peep?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sanders
United States
Henderson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
DNA results:Scottish, Dutch, English, Irish, German, French, Iberian Peninsula = 100% American!
mbmbmbmbmb
As for your first question I would think you could take the food off of the round card at the start of the turn and use it to plow the field. You are still at the beginning of the round with both of these special actions. There seems to be no implied limit on the amount of actions that can be accomplished at the beginning of the round, if you have cards permitting you to play at that time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bridgham
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattgoh88 wrote:
2)Is it possible to play the lasso and immediately take animals with your 2nd peep?

I would allow this! There is more discussion here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/2932702

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryann Turner
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The answer is yes. Everything at the beginning of the round happens simulatenously and in any order you like. You can indeed use the Well food to buy the Field from Plowman.

The clarification/rule you are seeking is on page 3 of the English Rulebook, and I quote:

Quote:
The text of some Occupation and Improvement cards instructs the players to place items on the Action card spaces (In the example, Plouwman (Pflüger) and Goose pond (Gänseteich)). If there are already tiles, Food markers and/or other playing pieces on the space (In the example, 1 field and 1 Food marker), these go to the appropriate players (who earned them
through an Occupation or Improvement). The functions of the cards are
explained on page 9. All actions which occur at the beginning of a particular round or at the beginning of every round occur now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.